Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Mar 8, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Every day, millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products through direct and indirect digital and in-store environments. We are driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging and seamless experience. Content strategy is concerned with how we plan, make, prioritize, connect and measure content. This includes everything from front-end elements such as videos and webpages to back-end elements including site taxonomy and metadata. The Senior Content Strategist will act as a key partner for Interactive creative teams, helping development of content, continually improving the content user experience, and ensuring alignment to needs of the brand and business. They will facilitate the Brand, Interactive, Cross-Functional and Project Management working relationship to bring product and business strategy to life within Interactive deliverables.
* 7-10 years experience in content marketing, strategy, or user experience.
* Deep understanding of content, UX, and how they support business and brand strategy.
* Fluency in understanding and leveraging analytics to inform content strategy and performance measurement.
* Skilled at crafting both long-form content and real-time (immediate) content, along with distribution strategies and tactics (both digital and in-store).
* Ability to clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece or series of content.
* Ability to develop and train cross-functional teams and leadership on content strategy, creation and distribution.
* Experience in connections planning or working with connection planners.
* Demonstrated success collaborating with senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
* Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
Responsible for creation, communication, execution, and governance of Interactive content strategy, including goals, performance metrics, and how content serves user and business needs. Collaborate across teams on development and evolution of deliverables including content strategy, content management strategy, measurement frameworks, competitive and market content analysis, editorial calendars, content audits and performance analysis. Collaborate across the organization to understand and position the work based on business priorities, key messages, historic performance and value propositions. Support content experiences across platforms and drive integration of content into comprehensive digital experiences to enable cross-marketing and avoid duplication of efforts. Work cross-functionally to develop common language and understanding of success metrics. Work with teams to assess progress towards content goals, realigning as needed. Partner with internal teams to leverage existing content to achieve strategic goals while assessing need for development of new content to meet new opportunities. Work across teams to evolve best practices, processes, and methodologies for content creation, maintenance, and archiving. Guide the development of the content strategy practice in partnership with leadership.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.