Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers? Do you have a track record of delivering highly-visible global events that involve broad stakeholder groups? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a high-judgment, detail-oriented, and creative Senior Event Marketing Manager to manage event strategy and execution for some of the largest third-party events in our portfolio- delighting customers and elevating the AWS brand to audiences critical for growth. This role requires synergy and influence with many business units across AWS, and is global in scope. A successful candidate will be highly organized, analytical, excel at managing and influencing broad stakeholder groups, able to work effectively in a complex organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of inputs into a successful event.
The Senior Event Marketing Manager is an integral part of the Global Marketing Programs team who will partner across the organization with internal teams such as industry/product/partner marketing, business development, creative, digital marketing, as well as external agencies to deliver bar raising events for our customers. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews, communication, and post-event follow-up to optimize lead generation and brand awareness opportunities. This highly motivated and extremely organized candidate must have experience planning complex in-person, hybrid, and virtual events, managing projects happening concurrently, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Some of the shows supported by this role may include CES, Mobile World Congress, CERAWeek, or other events aligned to key business initiatives. This person will need to work effectively within a small team and think strategically, while also rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done no detail will be too small and they’ll never say “that’s not my job”. They’ll obsess over details, display poise and sophistication in fast-moving situations, embrace ambiguity, and deliver results.
Role is virtual – US only and preference is to be near Amazon/AWS U.S corporate office. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversee planning, production, and execution of events that are virtual and/or in-person.
• Expertly drive pre-event weekly core team meetings, including ownership of event planning documentation.
• Given this is a highly cross-functional role you will need to effectively influence others and strike a balance between having strong backbone and earning trust.
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally, including weekends and stays up to a week to attend highly strategic events, or to spot-check vendor execution, and ensure AWS processes are being adhered to onsite.
• Travel: This role travels ~25-30% of its time, including internationally. Passport required.
• 7+ years’ experience supporting trade shows and events in the B2B space, specifically high-tech products/services.
• 4+ years building, leading, and developing teams
• Demonstrated experience in working with product and lead generation teams, using events as activity to support awareness, relationship building and/or lead generation and reporting ROI.
• Proven success in executing multiple events at a time and using both internal and external resources.
• Experience in-house at a large, highly visible technology company.
• Motivated self-starter with a bias for action and who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business.
• Excellent project management skills, analytical ability, both creative and strategic thinking.
• Excels at cross-group collaboration, communication and problem solving.
• Effective written and verbal communication.
• Experience using Salesforce, Tableau, or marketing automation platforms (e.g. Marketo).
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $118,150 $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The base salary pay range for this position in New York City is $118,150 $160,000 per year; however, base salary pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.