Shopify is an e-commerce platform that makes it easy for individuals and small businesses to sell products online, through social media channels, and at physical retail locations.
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With millions of merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while innovative ways to impact the market.
Product marketing at Shopify is the glue that binds our product strategy to the success of our audiences. As a Product Marketer, we have an active role in the entire cycle of a product: from framing customer problems with audience insight, all the way to developing powerful narratives that bring category-defining products to life. Our focus spans the entire funnel, relentlessly driving awareness, adoption and growth with our segments. We work closely with product teams, creatives, communications, and integrated marketing teams to plan to meet our objectives while making commerce better for everyone.
We are hiring across the organization and for senior and junior levels. To get you excited about specific roles, some of the teams that are hiring are; Shop, Shopify Fulfillment Network, Capital, Retail, and Ecosystem.
We are happy to accommodate your preference where we can. If you do have an idea of which area you would like to work in, please note it in your application.
Here is what you will be responsible for in the role of Product Marketing Manager:
- Drive awareness, adoption and growth of commerce products or features
- Collect, conduct and synthesize market and customer research into decision-friendly rituals
- Become a subject matter expert in your product, understanding the market and customer needs
- Understand the market and competitors to position distinctive advantages against problems and alternatives
- Build and execute go-to-market strategies that lead to in-moment awareness and everlasting adoption growth
- Inform creative teams through outstanding briefs that inspire and enable marketing and content design
- Craft messaging (copy, blog posts, headlines) with content design to build content that exposes differentiation
- Understand and leverage segmentation models that improve efficiency and retention of marketing messages
- Coordinate Product, UX, Communications, Creative and Marketing teams to launch cohesive GTM plans
- Own and measure success metrics, working with Data Science to scope measurement and instrumentation needs
- Influence and coordinate pricing and packaging decisions for the products and features you own
- Extensive experience building product marketing techniques and strategies, ideally within a tech company.
- Hands-on experience in the full-stack product marketing craft: inbound, outbound, growth
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude towards work: you can navigate complexity to get to an outcome
- You are not afraid to get deep into research to uncover audience and market knowledge
- You can inform, build and execute integrated marketing assets (email, media, social, content)
- You are a storytelling and can write compelling and cohesive audience-centric product stories
- You love building and maintaining cross-functional relationships across the organization to drive results
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Previous experience marketing, commerce, or technology in general
- Lived in the shoes of our merchants as an entrepreneur yourself
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.