At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
Manager, Client Solutions – Category Strategist
Walmart Connect (WMC)
WALMART CONNECT (WMC)
Walmart Connect is Walmart’s media and advertising platform, uniquely designed to help brands reach hundreds of millions of shoppers across their entire shopping journey, online and in stores.
As a fast-growing brand and business within Walmart, the Fortune 1 company, we are poised for continued growth and success. Data at Scale, Omni-Channel Solutions, Closed Loop Attribution and a “One Walmart” approach are key differentiators for Walmart Connect.
We aim to serve clients and suppliers across multiple categories with insight-driven strategies and integrated marketing solutions that connect brands with our customers to fuel brand sales. When our clients win, Walmart wins. And, as a customer-centric company, we aim to always create solutions that ultimately serve our Walmart customer.
Client Solutions is WMC’s integrated marketing center of excellence for centralized, end-to-end insights-led marketing strategy, strategic planning, and omni activation of custom category and client solutions across Walmart’s touchpoints-at an unparalleled scale.
We partner with suppliers to co-create industry-first programs and breakthrough experiences that connect brands with Walmart customers, aligning goals with Walmart merchandising and marketing priorities to jointly drive commercial success.
Our competitive edge is having a deep understanding of Walmart customers and categories, access to and influence in enterprise-level strategic planning and decision-making, and passion and knack for creating innovative ways to engage customers and deliver as One Walmart.
While our commitment and obsession is to always deliver on partnership objectives, our greater ambition is to become the leading integrated marketing engine in retail and ecommerce.
To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people with an entrepreneurial mindset. This is your chance and a unique opportunity to being part of our history and future success.
Walmart Connect (WMC) is looking for an experienced data-driven strategist, storyteller, and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence across specific accounts.
As the lead strategist, you will own mining, synthesizing and interrogating category level data to develop omnichannel insights that inform the media & marketing strategies you will recommend that drive growth for Walmart Connect’s brand partners. You will be an expert resource on uncovering new opportunities and developing strategies around the Walmart shopper, category, fulfillment channel and media channel and create go-to-market strategic recommendations for your assigned departments and categories.
This position sits under WMC Marketing and reports to the Director of Client Solutions.
Ideal candidate profile :
We’re looking for ambitious, exceptionally smart and strategic, people-oriented folks who are excited to solve business challenges holistically in creative and agile ways and encourage cross functional connectivity.
The ideal candidate has a proactive and consultative approach, brings deep industry and category experience, is highly analytical and exceptionally articulate in crafting insights-driven strategies, and evolve them into persuasive selling story telling business recommendations that are financially viable, anchored in business strategies, and in category development opportunities that unlock incremental sales. They are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Become WMC’s master strategist, empowering WMC Sales to drive internal and external partnerships and growth for specified accounts by:
o Mining and analyzing 1st and 3rd party data to uncover category-level insights, trends and opportunities that address specific seasonal & supplier business objectives for the category.
o Then, leveraging that data and your observations to develop insights-driven retail media and marketing strategies that deliver growth for Walmart & Suppliers across omnichannel and integrated marketing solutions such as: Always on (website/app), Always In (Walmart stores) and pulse moments (seasonal and category moments).
• You will support and contribute to supplier JBP, QBR, Top-to-Top, Immersion days, “One Walmart” sessions, and ad hoc requests for sales related pitch material and collateral or sizeable pitches.
• You will partner closely with the Client Solutions Integrated Planners to develop Seasonal omnichannel packages.
• You will be a key consultant for the WMC sales team in uncovering new category growth opportunities and creating custom and bespoke sales enablement playbooks and marketing collateral to that drives investment in WMC media.
• Collaborate with broader WMC marketing teams such as brand marketing to highlight category or seasonal insights within external communications
• Help transform relationships with suppliers and brand owners from transactional into co-creating partnerships; as well as evolve the role into a proactive strategic thought leadership position.
• Drive a “One Walmart” go-to-market approach by proactively leading partnerships with enterprise and WMC cross-functional stakeholders, to align WMC’s recommendations for suppliers with Walmart’s merchandising and marketing strategies.
• Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view.
• Has the ability to blend analytical skillset with creative-strategic thinking.
• Demonstrate a spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence.
• Be proactive, self-motivated and highly driven.
• Have an eye for detail and a mind for strategy.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree for this role. MBA or advanced-level academic degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 6-8 years of experience working cross-functionally in brand or performance marketing, strategic planning, commercial strategy, shopper insights, retail or digital advertising or media.
• Relevant agency, media or brand-side category experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by data and articulate in connecting insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity-that have a compelling story arc and narrative.
THE BONUS – STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Retail/e-commerce experience.
• Change management experience.
• Experience on ad-hoc research methodologies (Path to Purchase, Omni channel Connected Shopper Journeys, quick surveys, etc.), and with syndicated data providers (Nielsen, IRI, Mintel, MRI, NPD, Tableau, Adobe analytics, Numerator, Kantar).
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year’s experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years’ experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Business Administration
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America