Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Associate Manager, Global Brand Marketing will be working on the Global Brand Team (Barbie) to help deliver best-in-class global franchise marketing strategies that will create maximum value for the company. Working alongside the Manager, Global Brands and working closely with colleagues across the company, the Global Associate Marketing Manager will assist in ensuring that the brands have exceptional marketing support within budgets.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Ensure all brand marketing projects are supported by business strategy, objectives and insights
• Assist in gaining buy-in to global product strategies at all levels, as well as executional commitment from internal partners to activate across key markets and key lines of business
• Work closely with the Product Design, Packaging and Development teams to bring innovative and compelling toys to market on time and on budget backed by Consumer Insights
• Communicate regularly with regional teams and lines of business to ensure needs are being met
• Present with confidence to drive brand strategy and products
• Brief and develop marketing assets
• Help develop global marketing campaigns for execution at a local level
• Monitor key trends, brands and competitors’ performance in all markets
• Lead global business reporting and analysis
• Work with other Mattel Global Brand teams to share plans and ‘best practices’ around the world
• Act as point of contact for brand inquiries and dissemination of brand information and assets
What We’re Looking For:
• 5+ years experience in marketing, preferably in product development or 2+ years of experience in marketing with an MBA
• Thorough understanding of marketing mix and KPIs
• Experience analyzing data and managing financials
• Ability to synthesize data and pull insights to create recommendations
• Strong skills presenting in front of large groups
• Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow up skills
• Strong time management, planning and project execution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships
• Strong PowerPoint creation and presentation skills, proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.