Boston Consulting Group
BCG is a global consultancy with 35+ North America offices that partners with business leaders and society to solve industry-defining challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) within BCG’s Consumer Practice Area, you will work in a growing global team, with a focus in China, providing Retail expertise and insights whilst working together with case and proposal teams to provide knowledge assets, analysis and expert advisory. You’ll serve as a thought partner and content expert to case teams and topic/sector leaders, helping structure and solve complex issues.
Additionally, you will support Retail in developing existing & new intellectual property and knowledge assets. You will work on commercialization efforts for the topic/sector, in conjunction with business leaders, supporting marketing efforts, conferences and publications. As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will assist with on-boarding, training and guiding junior colleagues and share best practices within the team.
Our retail teams focus on client challenges which span the entire digital space, supported by proprietary platforms and solutions. As consumer behavior continues to shift rapidly and abruptly, our work focuses on improving the commercial proposition, formats, and omnichannel and operations capabilities needed to deliver on retail strategy.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
• Solving client problems through formulating relevant research and/or analytical approaches in Retail.
• Codifying knowledge and maintaining assets and tools for the Retail based on different client contexts
• Communicating with senior stakeholders, in a credible and confident way
• Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
• Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
• Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• 1-2+ years of secondary research experience in relevant retail sector required; candidates with 2+ years desk research experience preferred; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
• Has strong knowledge of how the retail industry doing in the market, be able to understand the Retail market with clear picture of its development history and latest trend
• Has good knowledge of online retail, be able to have a full view of its history and trend
• Bachelor’s Degree required (advanced degree preferred)
• Fluency in English and Mandarin
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment
YOU’LL WORK WITH
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers.