Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
Podium is seeking a Director of Event Marketing to lead and scale our events team responsible for a high volume of virtual and in-person trade shows throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have experience owning a large event portfolio, leading an events team, and building detailed strategies and execution plans for B2B events targeting small businesses to fuel the sales pipeline including top-of-funnel lead acquisition as well as closed-won business on the showfloor.
What you get to do
- Provide vision and strategy for Podium’s execution of conferences and events in alignment with key business objectives
- Sponsor third-party conferences: find, negotiate, plan and execute a large portfolio of annual event sponsorships end-to-end
- Lead a team of event marketers, manage the budget, coordinate with external vendors and agencies, and optimize event logistics
- Create new strategies to up-level brand awareness and event experiences including speaking opportunities, MBOs, experiential events, and more
- Find new channels and events for engaging with small businesses and present recommendations to executive leadership
- Partner with Revenue Marketing, Sales, Sales Development and Product Marketing to ensure events and supporting assets are in line with business goals
- Track and report event KPIs including Leads, MQLs, Opportunities, Deals Closed on Show Floor
- Frequently travel (North America)
In order to succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have
- 5+ years of event team management experience
- 7+ years experience of event management experience
- Experience in B2B high growth tech company environment
- Advanced strategic thinking skills
- Analytics and data-driven approaches
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in negotiating contracts and handling complex budgets
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, especially amongst key executives and stakeholders
- High-energy, resourceful and solution focused attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere with multiple competing priorities
- Familiarity with CRM systems is a plus.
- “Driver mentality.” Take ownership and initiative for your scope of work and have the ability to work effectively and independently.
- Willingness to travel up to 30-35% of the time
- A positive, diverse, and supportive culture, ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Flexibility to work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Access to Snowbird lift tickets
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.