Merck is a leading biopharmaceutical company driven to impact communities, improve lives, and inspire growth, health, and innovation.
In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, this role will be temporarily based in a and exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
The Digital Marketing and Commercial Excellence (DMCE) organization was launched in early 2021 to accelerate our commercial transformation, with a focus on modernizing customer engagement for competitive advantage, using data-driven insights. We strive to drive innovation, growth and productivity enabled by digital and data. Our role is to work with colleagues across the world with the goal of doubling the speed, impact, and efficiency of our customer engagement over the next three years.
The DMCE organization consists of people with diverse backgrounds and skillsets. We have leaders who have gained extensive experience inside our Company, and from other large organizations and startups. We have people with deep experience in modern marketing and strategy, along with specialist capabilities. Examples include agile and change leadership, automation and marketing technology, commercial excellence, content creation, customer experience and omnichannel marketing including social media.
This role in Global Content Marketing will be focused on general medicine/cardiovascular brand(s), but responsibilities may also include Vaccines or other therapeutic categories. Day-to-day responsibilities include brand building, creative development, communication strategies, and leading the development of core digital content (promotional and medical educational) aligned with the commercial strategy and desired customer experience for key global brands.
Additional key responsibilities will include:
- Advancing digital content capabilities and innovative approaches to promotional and medical education content by identifying new opportunities, seeking input from key stakeholders, and operationalizing the ideas
- Leading the development, planning, and execution of modular and omnichannel content
- Driving measurement and improvement of the effectiveness of promotional and medical education content and resources/programs
- Collaborating with Global Medical Affairs on medical education content development to ensure integrated and consistent educational information to customers
- Partnering with and managing agency partner relationships to achieve optimal outcomes (responsible for day-to-day agency management, leading discussions, providing ways of working feedback and supporting any changes needed, providing consolidated direction, sharing PRT best practices, ensuring scopes of work align with brand strategy and needs, updating on DMCE priorities, etc.)
- Partnering and managing creative agency development of promotional and medical education content and resources for peer-to-peer use by Scientific Leaders and speakers, and promotion to other Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), and Healthcare Consumers (HCCs) (where applicable)
- Integrating learnings from scientific leader (SL) engagements and key scientific data to inform development/refinement of the Scientific Platform
- Collaborating with multiple teams including Global Marketing/US Marketing, Promotion Review Team (PRT), Global Market Research, Global Marketing Operations, Omnichannel, Learning & Development and Key Countries
- Aligning with Policy & Market Access initiatives to gain a deeper understanding as related to content development
- Creating opportunities to experiment, test and learn
- Managing appropriate budgets
The candidate will ensure all activities are in full compliance with appropriate regulations and company policies.
Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Required Experience and Skills**:
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing execution, digital media planning and customer analytics
- Minimum of 5 years of combined experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry marketing/digital marketing/market support/sales functions
- Consistent demonstration of leadership mindset and behaviors, including, Win as One Team, Focus on What Matters, Act with Urgency, Experiment/Learn/Adapt, Embrace Diversity & Inclusion, Speak Up & Be Open-Minded
- Astute business and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex scientific data into medical education/promotion content story development
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles, such as L3 (Listen, Lead, Learn)
- Prior success leading cross-functional teams
- Agency/vendor management experience
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Therapeutic knowledge of cardiovascular or vaccines categories, or other therapeutic areas that require complex scientific understanding
- Product/New Indication/Market event launch experience
- Experience working with key marketing stakeholders, and country contacts
- Creative thinking / problem-solving skills / story telling expertise
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Practical knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks with experience working in global cross-functional teams
- Strong strategic thinking
- Experience using analytics to measure and optimize digital initiatives/campaigns
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Not Specified, Remote Work
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: