Biogen is on a mission to transform patient lives by pioneering and leading in neuroscience.
The Director, U.S. Rare Disease Marketing – HCP will be a critical role and visible leader within the US Marketing Team, leading the overall HCP and key account strategies to activate and expand sites of care, as well as coordinate care between neuro muscular specialists, neurology, and other disciplines. This position is responsible for leading a team of HCP focused marketers and establishing strategic direction through analysis of insights to drive key strategic choices for product and HCP customer experience. This position also requires ability to collaborate and lead projects that focus on supporting the intersection of HCP and patient.
What You’ll Do
The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of strong strategic thinking with practical experience of taking the thinking through to implementation. The qualified candidate should also have:
- Deep commercial/marketing expertise
- Expertise in making key business choices and leading implementation across the matrix
- Proven record of direct team management and cross-functional management
- Ability to prioritize and manage complex and innovative projects
- Strong personal drive and proven record in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to problem solve and drive innovation
- Ability to effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal stakeholders, at all levels of the organization, and external business partners
- Leveraging insights to derive HCP and key account strategies, drive key choices and lead team to build tactical plans
- Leading and setting the direction for cross-functional initiatives, overseeing budget of >$10MM.
- Managing overarching strategic relationships internally and externally such as agencies and key partners. Acts as lead of key vendors including assessments and RFP decisions.
- Oversees competitive planning and readiness activities, as well as works closely with Marketing LT to ensure coordinated customer engagement.
Who You Are:
You love leading and developing a team. You have a great passion for science and building meaningful relationships with medical experts. Lastly, your collaborative, proactive, and a curious person always looking to learn and improve the way we work.
- Seasoned commercial professional, with 10+ years of commercial experience, within those, 5+ years of marketing experience (with at least two years within US market)
- Minimum of 6 years biotech/pharma marketing experience.
- Ability to analyze data and insight to define a crisp 3-year brand/customer strategy.
- Ability to operate independently without strong support/guidance.
- Work well within a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to have an impact in a short space of time.
- Must exhibit leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and polished executive presence required
- Institutional/Buy and Bill product experience and/or Neurology/Rare Disease experience a plus.
- Field Sales a plus.
- Previous people management preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.