Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a leader to oversee complex customer facing immigration programs and services. This high-judgment individual contributor role, with dotted line reports, will be accountable for multiple large-scale projects, including managing processes and initiatives across all or part of the immigration program. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Immigration Services, this role will drive strategy to enable delivery of targeted business plan metrics across productivity, quality, cost, compliance and people. The leader will create and build upon operational plans, drive a mindset and culture of continuous improvement, and sustain a culture of learning and development. This leader will contribute to critical initiatives, tackling complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions.
With Amazon’s scale comes the need for a supply chain mindset to create mechanisms that inspect work across the program. This leader will create quality and compliance audits; develop and inspect operational metrics; and overall ensure the programs have the right processes and automation to allow it to scale as the volume grows.
Note: This role does not require subject matter expertise in immigration. The many talented immigration professionals on our team will be available to provide expertise where needed.
Key job responsibilities
• Set strategy across work streams, including contact management strategy, content strategy, case filing strategies, service offerings, and strategies to close compliance gaps
• Define and implement large scale projects across multiple teams with a clear focus on streamlining operations and may include process development, workflow redesign, creation of new workflows, and improving efficiencies
• Create and build upon operational plans, drive a mindset and culture of continuous improvement
• Develop tracking and compliance mechanisms and other dashboards that measure overall health of the program
• Review and audit existing processes to ensure ongoing compliance and work with the process team to update processes when new policies or regulations are announced
• Continually identify areas of redundancy or non-value add to ensure process, procedure, tooling, and staffing optimization
A day in the life
As Sr. Specialist, Immigration Services, you will oversee the development of strategy and implementation of processes to support customer contacts and a global case intake program. You’ll partner with stakeholders and other key leaders to build a channels designed to intake customer inquiries as well as immigration information at scale, while providing the highest quality of customer support.
About the team
Our mission is to deliver flexible immigration services at scale that “just work.” We seek to invent new ways to deliver immigration services that raises the bar for employees with each interaction.
Employees must reside within a commutable distance from the office they are assigned to but have the flexibility to regularly work from home, as well as, from the office.
Primary office locations include: Arlington-VA, Seattle-WA, Dallas-TX, Boston-MA, New York-NY, San Francisco-CA or Irvine-CA.
• BA/BS in a related field
• 5+ years of experience in managing large scale programs
• Corporate immigration experience, particularly in the United States
• Experience in managing an immigration program, including managing external partners, implementation experience and/or managing teams
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Successful record of building, improving, and running operational business processes, and the ability to drive program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communications – ability to interface with all levels of the organization
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.