wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
We are the Innovation Initiatives Team – we are a small but mighty product, design and strategy group that designs and builds Wells Fargo’s path forward. We are a growing group full of people who are curious, daring, inclusive, inspiring and driven – who are passionate about Wells Fargo’s ability to chart a new future.
We are looking for someone who has exceptional research skills, bring human centric design and innovation research methods (largely qualitative) to uncover opportunities and support each iteration of a given solution. You can translate research into design and product decisions and you understand when the rigorous or scrappy approach is best – seamlessly switching between the two. You can thrive within a new, growing team. Your passion and capability will shine as you set the standards for human centric research and bring collaborators with you. You will be recognized as an expert in qualitative research who influences leaders, stakeholders, and partners in product, design, strategy and technology organizations.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Qualitative Research Specialist as part of Strategy, Digital and Innovation. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Scope, plan and execute discovery and evaluative design research and translate research into strategic insights.
- Be the customer advocate when working with multidisciplinary team to uncover customer needs.
- Work with collaborators to define clear research objectives.
- Moderate in-depth interviews, focus-groups, usability studies, and more.
- Analyze and synthesize data from a myriad of sources to quickly identify and convey user insights that guide strategy and product definition
- Plan and lead others through analysis and synthesis activities.
- Leverage your familiarity with research platforms like usertesting.com and dscout.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Website or Application Design experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of experience in conducting qualitative research and delivering insights to develop products and/or product strategy.
- A blend of research experience in supporting physical and digital product development/design.
- Deep expertise in qualitative research, with extensive experience in ethnography, observation, focus groups, and in-depth interviews.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners and driving complex, large format projects.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Marketing, Social Science, or other related research discipline.
- Experience translating qualitative and/or quantitative data into actionable insights
- Translate complex and ambiguous business strategy questions into human-centered learning objectives
- Skilled at creating screeners, writing research guides, across evaluative and validation research
- Skilled at telling human-centered stories
- Passion to learn about new customers and contexts
- Ability to self-start, multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Exemplary verbal, and written communication skills, plus strong remote and in-person facilitation skills
- Strong affinity for working in collaborative environments
- Experience managing research vendors
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.