You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Marketing & Communications
It’s an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Marketing & Communications. The function has embarked on a transformation to enhance brand recognition, increase client loyalty, further engage employees and drive growth. We are creating a world-class, integrated organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities – all focused on delivering business results.
Role description and opportunities
We’re looking for a polished Performance Marketing Manager to join our team. This person will own media strategy, planning and execution across all viable paid acquisition channels to grow our businesses. Success will be defined by how well these efforts contribute to return on investment. They will drive qualified traffic to and through our acquisition funnel and focus on customer end-to-end journeys to iteratively optimize the path to conversion and reengagement. They will own KPIs as well as the day-to-day management of the channels that drive them.
By working cross-functionally with the Brand Strategy team as well as marketing and business stakeholders to create successful marketing programs, they will define aggressive goals and work hands-on to construct well-planned tests, roll out successful campaigns, and optimize performance over time against a clear set of objectives and key results. They will assess current paid media capabilities, make data-informed recommendations, prioritize new testing strategies, and scale up successful strategies.
They will be the subject matter expert for demand generation on our paid channels, routinely presenting actionable learnings to leadership and reporting on successes.
Key responsibilities include the following
• Determine requirements to achieve your vision and set aggressive goals to drive increasing ROI
• Manage and optimize B2B SEM, social, programmatic, and affiliate/partner, with a focus on getting hands on with our paid search and LinkedIn efforts
• Improve campaign performance over time (performance analysis, ad copy/format testing, quality score improvement, keyword management, landing page testing, audience segmentation, etc.)
• Collaborate with strategic partners to strategize and execute on journey optimization initiatives for target B2B audiences
• Lead key account growth initiatives by proactively recommending new creative concepts, testing betas, testing in new channels and developing incremental budget recommendations
• Ensure budget pacing is always aligned with total budget and ROAS goals
• Audit current efforts, performing deep-dive analysis on issues to understand root causes, and make informed recommendations based on data
• Suggest good ideas and develop use cases, estimates and projections to support them
• Research current performance marketing best practices and services, get buy-in for recommendations, and own adoption
• Gather and take action based on data, and tell a story using your analysis that builds trust and strong cross-functional support for your initiatives
• Own tracking, measurement, and reporting on KPIs (ROAS, activation, etc.)
• Cultivate strong relationships with leadership across the enterprise, and ensure stakeholder needs are aligned and drive towards business objectives
• Develop lightweight, repeatable processes and workflows that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
• Roll up your sleeves, dive into the details, and get things done
• Foster a positive, collaborative, and inclusive team culture
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
• B2B marketing experience
• 5+ years of demonstrably successful hands-on experience managing paid acquisition channels including search, social, programmatic and affiliate/partner
• 3+ years of B2B SEM experience
3+ years of LinkedIn experience
• Marketing strategy experience, including (but not limited to) go-to-market launch management, acquisition, engagement, product marketing, or partner marketing
• Experience launching and evaluating testing strategies for paid media campaigns
• Ability to define a roadmap with aggressive milestones (including quantified KPI targets) and to execute on it efficiently
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences while influencing buy-in and/or action
• Ability to influence and implement ideas across cross-functional teams
• Agency management, engagement
• Reliance on data over ego
• Outstanding communication and bridge-building skills to collaborate with internal teams and vendors
• Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, high-change environment
• Stakeholder- or client-facing presentation expertise
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Great to have
• Fintech or start-up experience
• Digital agency or consultancy experience
• Account-Based Marketing (ABM) experience
• Adobe Campaign experience
• Financial services experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.