Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate, process and detail oriented Budget Analyst to join the AWS Marketing Business Development Strategic Industries, Global Executive Marketing, and Worldwide Public Sector Business Operations team to support budget across our growing team. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries.
This role will own budget and investment reporting, and process development with the ultimate goal to increase efficiencies in communications, budget assistance, and data pulling. A key aspect to this role is working to automate overly manual processes and create a robust system for regular budget tracking and reconciliation. Additionally, this role will work closely with Marketers across the organization to assist on ad hoc reporting, functionality, and process requests.
This role requires an individual with exceptional written and oral communication skills, love of problem solving. The successful candidate will lead with data based decision making and have a clear understanding of system automation. They will be a self-starter who can work with ambiguity, while also being a team player who can collaborate regularly in our fast growing, and ever evolving Investment Operations team. The successful candidate will dive deep into every facet in Budget, and be eager and willing to raise the bar on related processes.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and standardize budget reporting and dashboards in our budget tool for team-wide use
• Create strategies to improve and expand processes aimed at increasing process efficiencies
• Collaborate with other marketing teams to ensure data accuracy within budget management systems
• Automate and reconcile monthly spend compared to Financial targets
• Automate data pulling for users and budgets with funds that meet specific criteria
• Maintain and automate internal budget records for regular reconciliation
• Assist team with ad hoc requests for reporting, functionality, and process questions
• Document and streamline budget related information for the organization
• 7+ years of experience in a marketing analytics or operations role
• 3+ years of experience working in Microsoft (including Pivot Tables and vLookups)
• 3+ years of experience working in process automation in tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, QuickSight, etc.
• Experiencing managing 2+ direct reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Experience in process development and project management
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
• Experience communicating (verbal and written) effectively with both business and technical teams
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Experience in business visualization tools and multi touch attribution systems
• Experience defining strategies on return on investment for Marketing teams and driving implementation of associated metrics, datasets, and dashboards
• Understanding of marketing channels (e.g. paid media, events, etc.)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.