We’re building and growing…in dog years. No longer a young pup, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies of all time.
The Director of Brand Strategy is the steward of Chewy’s brand strategy and portfolio management. We are looking for someone to join our team in Boston, MA or Dania Beach, FL, reporting to our Sr. Director, Brand Strategy & Marketing. In this role, you will leverage business strategy and data acumen to define the Chewy brand and identify its greatest opportunities within the dynamic competitive and cultural context of our category.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive comprehensive brand strategy development (vision, mission, values, positioning, architecture, etc.) for the Chewy master brand and sub-brands.
- Engage with the Consumer Insights team to derive qualitative and quantitative insights around motivations, behavior, attitudes and latent needs.
- Develop metrics and methodology to track and measure brand health and the downstream impact on our business results, in partnership with Analytics.
- Lead and mentor the brand strategy team responsible for integrating with business units (e.g. Chewy Health, Proprietary Brands) to ensure brand consistency across the full-funnel and customer experience.
- Develop relationships and work closely with proprietary marketing managers to develop marketing plans for product launches and sustained support.
- Develop internal guidelines and brand assets to enable the organization to execute against the brand strategy.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure brand consistency across the company, including Talent Acquisition, Customer Service, Fulfillment Centers, PR, and Employee Engagement.
- Improve project management across the team, driving continuous process optimization and making recommendations for efficiencies.
- Collaborate with product management to develop branded consumer experiences across eCommerce site and apps.
What You’ll Need:
- 10-15 years in brand marketing and/or agency positions, preferably including brand management in a top CPG or ecommerce company.
- Proven experience in planning, delivering, and measuring marketing campaigns.
- Expertise in utilizing a number of different methodologies to understand consumers, identify opportunity areas, and drive cohesive experiences.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing a team.
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines.
- Experience working with product, tech and analytics teams.
- Experience working in consumer tech and packaged goods.
- Position may require some travel.
- Experience working both agency and client-side.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com.