Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Wondery is looking for a producer to help manage its slate of always-on shows, such as Against the Odds, Business Wars, and American History Tellers. We are looking for a candidate who loves non-fiction character-driven audio storytelling and understands how to convey complex information in a dramatic, accurate, and emotionally engaging way. You will work closely with the rest of the Current Series team and external writers, editors, hosts and sound designers to produce and grow our existing shows.
Additional locations include: Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with external writers and editors to establish framing, structure, and tone for multi-episode season arcs of up to 40,000 words
- Edit and provide detailed feedback on outlines, scripts, and sonically immersive mixes (cutting tape is not required)
- Direct recording sessions with hosts
- Manage editorial pipeline and production calendar
- Help source diverse writers and voice talent
A day in the life
You will play a critical role in deepening the creative direction of our ongoing shows and managing day-to-day operations, shepherding new episodes from development through final mix. A typical day might include any of the following: giving detailed notes on a season outline; coordinating with marketing on series titles, loglines, and launch dates; directing a host in a tracking session; doing a final polish on an episode script; giving mix notes; and identifying source material for a future season.
About the team
The Current Series team is a collaborative team that produces diverse, well-told stories in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery is behind seven of the “Top 10 New Shows of 2021”, according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). Forty shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Harsh Reality and Operator. Many Wondery shows have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death on Peacock, The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+, the upcoming WeCrashed on Apple TV+ and Joe vs Carole on Peacock. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling, which helps listeners to “Feel the Story.” The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience with over 15,000 episodes, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening.
- 3+ years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
- 3+ years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in screenwriting, playwriting, journalism, or related field
- 3+ years producing/writing longform audio, longform magazine, or longform television/film formats
- Experience with fact-based narrative storytelling
- Understanding of three-act structure and character POV
- Enthusiasm for Wondery’s single-voice narration format
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.