DowJones Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a top global provider of real-time news and business information—delivering unrivaled quality content to millions of consumers and organizations.
Location: Rockville, MD or Remote
OPIS, a Dow Jones company, provides accurate pricing, real-time news and expert analysis across the global fuel supply chain, including the Spot, Wholesale Rack and Retail markets. OPIS enables customers to buy and sell energy commodities with confidence via easy access to transparent data, expert-level customer support, educational events and SaaS software solutions. Our commitment to reliability is reinforced by constant innovation. OPIS listens to what energy stakeholders need and responds with flexible and easy-to-use products. Navigating world fuel markets is complex – OPIS makes it simpler.
OPIS is hiring a web professional with B2B experience to help redesign its external marketing site and manage user experience to drive conversions and sales leads. We’ll expect this specialist to be adept at both SEO and SEM, and to improve OPIS search engine rankings for relevant terms, both organic and paid. The qualified candidate will be obsessed with checking and fine-tuning the OPIS keyword strategy. This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Manage both on-site and off-site search engine optimization (SEO) for www.opisnet.com.
- Collaborate with external agency to redesign the existing site.
- Collaborate with content marketing to create and post content on the site regularly, incorporating relevant keywords.
- Provide on-page optimization for page titles, meta descriptions, text headers, URLs, image alt-text and internal links.
- Use Google Analytics to perform keyword research and analysis.
- Develop link-building strategies with compatible and authoritative sites.
- Manage pay-per-click (PPC), Google AdWords and AdRoll paid search campaigns.
- Track and create regular reports on search performance, including traffic, rankings and conversions.
- Stay current with the latest search engine trends and algorithm changes.
- Administer website CMS and make changes and updates directly, both routine and ad-hoc, with SEO and conversion always in mind.
- At least five years of hands-on website management experience in a B2B environment
- A thorough understanding of Google Analytics and search engine algorithms
- Strong familiarity with CMS platforms (preferably WordPress), marketing automation systems (preferably HubSpot and/or Eloqua), ad retargeting (AdRoll and/or RollWorks), and video hosting/production (e.g., Wistia, Lumen5)
- Self-directed and capable of working independently without direct supervision
- Highly collaborative with the ability to achieve goals by influencing and establishing productive relationships with internal team leaders and external partners and vendors
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and cultures across time zones and global locations
- Experience with the energy industry is preferred but not required
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Dow Jones, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees.
If you are currently employed by Dow Jones, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Marketing Group
Req ID: 31135