The Driver 1 picks up and transports employees or visitors as directed. The Driver 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
• Stays in contact with Supervisor via cell due to changes in schedule.
• Works flexible shifts as work dictates.
• Checks and maintains RV daily and ensures that it is mechanically safe and clean.
• Prepares vehicle for marketing activities – open awning; load / unload boxes and materials,maintain a clean vehicle at all times.
• Maintains and submits a drivers log, includes foot traffic, enrollments, and mileage driven.
• Acts as greeter welcoming prospective members as they approach the vehicle.
• Check vehicle level throughout the day. Inform your supervisor if a level may indicate service is needed.
• Maintain and submit and inventory report for your vehicle upon request.
• Check in, report your marketing location to your supervisor and check via text after parking your vehicle at the end of the day.
• Inspect your vehicles for defects and safe condition before during and after.
• Check your location schedule to insure you’re driving the correct vehicle and to correct location.
• Preform other operational duties.
- Professional experience with commercial vehicle as a Driver
- Basic Computer and Smart Phone/Tablet skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with passengers
- Ability to transport members in a safe, timely and efficient manner, including assisting patients with walkers and maneuvering wheelchairs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with hours/shifts, location/hub (for coverage), with the potentials for overtime working weekends and evenings based on business needs
- Good driving record and knowledge of streets and addresses in the driving area
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Must have basic mechanical skills and ability to inspect vehicles daily to ensure working condition, e.g. fluid levels, seatbelt and safety straps, lights and signals, tires
- Strong relationship building with medical staff, peers, managers and employees
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Bi-lingual (English/Creole or English/Spanish) language fluency preferred.
- Professional experience driving commercial/oversized vehicles in passenger or patient transportation (highly desired)
- Knowledge of MS Outlook and Word
- Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
New York City Pay Range
The compensation range represents a good-faith estimate of starting pay at the time of posting and may vary based on geographic location and/or employment type. Individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job-related skills such as education, experience, certifications, etc.
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.