March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We support research, lead programs, provide education, and advocacy to families.
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
March of Dimes, the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health, is seeking a highly energetic Email Fundraising Specialist to develop, optimize and execute successful email fundraising initiatives. The Marketing Specialist, Email & Mobile will report directly to the Associate Director of Email/Mobile Marketing.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates a high degree of proactivity, works well in a collaborative environment, and is comfortable with HTML/CSS, Marketo, as well as mass text and peer to peer mobile platforms.
- Optimizes, builds and executes all email and mobile marketing campaigns in concert with the greater email/mobile team, including content development, design/formatting, as well as segmentation, testing, and delivery.
- Optimize peer-to-peer, event-based and direct fundraising emails/mobile marketing to maximize ROI. Manage the end-to-end execution of fundraising campaign email/mobile deployments including planning, targeting, set-up, drafting copy, preparing visual and design assets, intake management, coding, approvals, quality assurance, testing, scheduling, and analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email and mobile campaigns and deliver highly-targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications that meet campaign objectives and timelines.
- Keep marketing calendar up to date to ensure email and mobile campaigns are strategically timed for maximize impact.
- Build and support HTML email template development and troubleshoot as needed.
- Conduct other operations needs including list processing, data matching, and CRM import requests as needed.
- Ensure email and mobile messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across departments to help facilitate success.
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external partners to ensure timely execution against agreed-upon deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability of email and mobile marketing initiatives by promoting best practices and by providing performance reporting and analysis.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, benchmarks and best practices, drawing on them to inform marketing and fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on email performance reports and best practices.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to develop measurement models/plans that are scalable and able to drive engagement strategies.
- Create documentation for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email and mobile marketing.
- 2-7 years experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with analytics programs (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Understanding of defining requirements needed for drafting and deploying emails.
- Experience working within Email Service Provider (ESP) tools and within an Email Marketing Automation platform required; Marketo experience is a plus.
- Experience in technical implementation and execution of emails.
- An understanding of email marketing strategy and design.
- Experience in writing fundraising email copy.
- Knowledgeable in identifying opportunities, testing a hypothesis and validating via A/B/MVT testing.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Non-profit industry experience a plus.
- Comfortable with technology, strong demonstrated HTML/CSS skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel) and Google Docs (spreadsheets).
- Highly organized, detail oriented and methodical.
March of Dimes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).