Merck is a leading biopharmaceutical company driven to impact communities, improve lives, and inspire growth, health, and innovation.
Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
This position is for someone who is a passionate marketer, who can take the complex and make it simple, and who thrives working in and leading global matrix organizations. The Director Global Oncology role is an experienced marketer, focusing on enhancing our Oncology Pan Tumor and Precision Medicine brand strategies. The position reports into the Executive Director, Global Brand Strategy.
- Strengthen capabilities in support of pan-tumor value drivers such as early-stage disease, master brand strategies, and lifecycle management strategies such as maximizing customer impact and ensuring consistency of the brand experience across tumors.
- Continue to evolve the strong Oncology value proposition, narrative and launch strategies, building upon and leading Commercial Excellence Framework (Listen, Learn, Lead) activities and strategic development in close collaboration with Global Disease and Brand Leads and Strategy and Operations.
- Provide commercial leadership and input in various settings such as Early Stage and Life Cycle Management Squads.
- Identify additional areas within Global Oncology in need of cross tumor platforms in promotions; Build the strategy and plans and manage the execution to address those needs.
- Lead and work with cross-functional partners collaboratively including the Global Disease and Brand Strategy Team, Market Research, Digital Marketing Communication Excellence, Promotional Review Team (PRT), Digital Marketing Commercial Excellence (DMCE), and Key Market and Regional Leads to achieve Pan Tumor goals.
- Lead efforts to optimize customer engagement and customer experience working to obtain deep understanding of customers including drivers, barriers, and the ecosystems in which they operate.
- Working with the Associate Director Global Oncology Pan Tumor, lead the brand strategy annual OnePlan in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Build relationships with Precision Medicine team and enhance biomarker strategies working with the Associate Director, Precision Medicine and Diagnostic Leads.
- People Management:
- Manage 2 Associate Directors & 1 Contractor
- Coach, develop, support and offer guidance to direct reports on a regular basis
- Offer input as a leader/people manager to the greater Global Brand Strategy Organization
- Support diversity and inclusion activities
Education Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree (MBA) preferred
Required Experience and Skills
- 5 years oncology commercial experience
- Launch experience
- Ability to manage complex, ambiguous situations
- Global Marketing experience including ability to think strategically across a complex brand
- Brand building experience of brand building
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Travel up to 25% of time
Position Location: Kenilworth NJ or Upper Gwynedd PA (Hybrid work model is combination of in office and virtual/remote expectations)
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: