Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, innovative ‘Think Big” fashion professional, with the proven ability to create relevant fashion assortments and establish a strong point of view to lead the product and merchandising strategy for multiple collections within Softlines Private Brands. The ideal candidate will grow the business by on boarding suppliers and building relationships, negotiating costs, while monitoring and reacting to industry trends. Responsibilities include driving units, revenue, and margin growth along with the day to day supplier management and merchandising. This candidate will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems for scaling a dynamic business. The right candidate will have a vision for the future of fashion and a willingness to do things differently.
Key job responsibilities
• Build product assortments that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors
• Establish long-term strategies and annual/seasonal financial plans globally and identify growth opportunities
• Determine the season’s product direction, fabrications and key items
• Execute a seasonal calendar, including participating in all product milestones
• Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach the company’s financial goals
• Create and execute business plans for new opportunities
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key suppliers and supply chain players
• Collaborate with departments across the organization to improve tools and productivity
A day in the life
In this role you will own the end-to-end development of influencer and celebrity designed collections. You will work cross-functionally with talent managers, fit teams, sourcing teams and marketing to bring fashion trend collections to life.
About the team
The Drop program and product teams are passionate about trends, fashion, social media and how they intersect to delight our customers. This highly collaborative strives to make the best physical products and digital experiences at Amazon.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years relevant experience in retail and/or e-commerce leadership, specifically buying and merchandising
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance in the fashion industry
• Demonstrated ability to successfully build the right product assortments
• Strong product sensibility in both seasonal and micro-seasonal segments, and an ability to identify and capitalize on current trends
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead the organization through seasonal merchandise planning and a track record of executing or exceeding that plan
• The ability to understand and influence the visual merchandising process, including all marketing processes
• Proven negotiation skills and experience with vendor management
• Strong numeric and analytic aptitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
• Work experience in national branded or vertical fashion retailer
• Work experience in women’s fashion segment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.