Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Messenger’s goal is to empower people to feel closer even when they’re not physically together. In this world, everyone can stay connected and share experiences with close friends and family everyday. We’re looking for a strategic data-oriented Product Marketing Manager to lead new channel expansion for marketing in Messenger. In this role, you will explore new marketing channels, starting with in-product opportunities, to find new avenues to drive full-funnel marketing outcomes through rigorous testing and optimization, audience targeting and solid measurement. The ideal candidate is strategic, has worked across a number of growth marketing channels, and experience taking initiatives from 0 to 1. Working closely with product, product marketing, insights, creative, engineering, data science, and analytics, you’ll create hypotheses for new channels, define target audiences and measurement plans and launch tests. You’re an expert at setting a vision and realizing that vision through a combination of strategic and operational chops. You love digging into data, troubleshooting, learning new technologies and solving difficult problems while collaborating effectively with multiple cross-functional teams.
Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Messenger Responsibilities:
- Research and evaluate new prospective marketing channels
- Build concrete test/launch/optimize plans that aim to quickly evaluate the potential of new channels
- Own the build, launch, and measure phases end-to-end including target audience, messaging, testing and measurement plans
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics, data-science, product, creative and other cross-functional teams to launch new channels from scratch that work effectively with our internal tools
- Analyze and report out on channel performance in partnership with analytics
- Own ongoing optimization and growth of new channels until the channel grows to support full-time resources
- Drive go-to-market strategy and plans working closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy, positioning and narratives
- 8+ years of experience in performance or growth marketing, digital media, lifecycle marketing, or marketing measurement
- Experience developing and driving analytically rigorous online and offline marketing campaigns
- Experience in the consumer technology or internet industry
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams
- Project Management experience
- Executive and product team communications experience
- Experience launching, testing and scaling multiple marketing channels from scratch and you’ve built a depth of expertise that enables you to confidently push boundaries and take the lead
- Experience moving channels through from new to become part of a core marketing mix
- Experience diving in to draw out insights from our existing channels to inform tests and launches of new experimental channels
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.