Headquartered in Purchase, NY, PepsiCo operates in over 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Auto req ID: 272175BR
Quaker Foods North America is seeking a passionate, strategic, and results-oriented Director of Marketing, Portfolio Activation team. The Portfolio Director will have responsibility for portfolio wide growth initiatives, including Portfolio Consumer Promotions, Portfolio Media Planning, Region Shopper Programs, along with leadership of marketing capabilities & processes, including innovation, packaging, and production.
This high-profile role sits on the Quaker MLT and offers a great opportunity to impact growth across multiple brands, and lead strategy and execution for both upper and lower funnel marketing activities. The Director, Portfolio Activation has four direct reports and oversight of a team of nine. Ideal candidates have media planning and shopper marketing experience, demonstrated an ability to drive aggressive growth through innovative approaches, be highly collaborative and able to manage multiple priorities within a matrixed team
- Portfolio Media Planning: Serve as QFNA media expert and provide thought leadership and oversight to media planning processes for ‘active’ brands (list below). Provide guidance to media planning team across all phases of planning, from TCP media briefings, target definition, DX/Media agency leadership, and culminating in investment recommendations that deliver against brand strategy, reach key consumer targets, and deliver annual media ROI improvements. (Quaker Hots, Quaker Chewy, Cap’s Crunch, Quaker RTE, Roni, Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese, Chewy Bars, Pearl Milling Company and Lite Snacks)
- Portfolio Innovation: provide oversight to innovation process and capabilities champion, responsible for setting MPR agenda, assessing pipeline health on a quarterly basis, leading launch prioritization and tiering process, delivering post launch audits, and training team in innovation stage gate, capabilities and launch best practices
- Portfolio Promotions: Guide team to define the strategy and execution of 5+ annual portfolio promotion events. Define & validate the most compelling thematic, properties, and incentive structures. Plan and execute media, design, and execute commercial execution tools.
- Region Shopper Marketing: Guide team in the planning and execution of shopper campaigns and retail activations for priority region accounts. Collaborate with brand and sales counterparts to ensure programs drive shopper engagement and deliver customer performance while reflecting national brand campaigns.
- Packaging: guide team of experts accountable for project management and delivery of high-quality, error-free packaging design initiatives. Partner with Internal and external Design professionals, suppliers/printers, brand marketing, insights, legal, supply chain to deliver against brand marketing imperatives
- Effectively wire with broader Quaker marketing, insights, sales, agencies, DX/Shopper, and DX/media teams to achieve aligned objectives.
- Define annual scopes and manage key external consumer promotion, packaging, and media agency partners
- Partner with Insights team to validate portfolio thematic and media/promotions ROIs
- Serve as liaison with the North America Media Team to drive innovative media capabilities, technology, and partnerships
- Manage A&M budgets to strategically support key initiatives and customers.
- Coach, motivate, and develop team of 4 direct reports and total team of 9
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- The expected salary range is $115,000 – $170,000
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 25% of annual salary paid out annually and an additional target payout of 10% of annual salary is paid out over 3 years following the end of the performance period.
- $25,000 of long term incentive equity may be awarded based on eligibility and performance.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- A minimum of 7 years prior Marketing experience within a large organization
- Education & Training: Post graduate business study (MBA) or equivalent experience
- Prior experience planning and executing large media campaigns
- Prior experience in leading and executing customer marketing programs
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams, including external agency partners
- Responds to change with flexibility, willingness to adapt and act.
- Excellent presentation, “sell-in” and communication skills.
- Able to flex both consumer- and customer-oriented mindset
- Confident leader who has strategic influencing skills to drive teamwork and alignment with cross-functional stakeholders
- Critical thinking and business acumen, balanced with detailed timeline and project management, strong attention to detail.
- Appreciates diverse thought leadership and is excited to explore approaches that can impact and shape culture
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement