Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The AWS Applications team is on a mission to build the next-generation of business applications, to help our customers stay ahead of their changing business needs. We do this using technologies like machine learning, the large ecosystem of AWS services like Amazon SageMaker and AWS Lambda, and the customer-centric technology we’ve developed to support Amazon.com. We are building a new category of AWS Applications that has the potential to transform business operations across industries.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS’s most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
We’re looking for a standout Senior Product Marketing Manager with strong messaging and storytelling skills to develop a customer-centric narrative and marketing strategy, and deliver engaging marketing experiences to drive top-level business goals. As a key team member in this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help lead early market development efforts, establish compelling messaging, drive early growth, and help shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers’ businesses. You will partner closely with AWS Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Training, Sales, and Partner leads.
Come join an outstanding team of product marketing managers focused on helping companies including machine learning, high performance computing, and enterprise business applications.
Preference this role locate in East Palo Alto area but also open to any US-based AWS office or Virtual – US. Relocation assistance for non-virtual hires within the US only.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with services teams to influence yet to be launched products and roadmap
- Own the development of value propositions and go-to-market strategies for enterprise applications
- Work with engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into product marketing messages
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages, content and tools (presentations, whitepapers, infographics, webinars, customer success stories, product videos, how to guides, etc.)
- Develop and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audiences effectively, and drive new sign-ups and deeper usage
- Own creating and optimizing website and social media content
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as engineering, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve business goals
- Travel both domestic and international to meet with customers and internal stakeholders
A day in the life
You will focus on creating clear, concise, and compelling stories for both internal audiences and enterprise business customers, to answer the question, “Why should I care about this?”
You will also work to develop sales enablement content for our field organization and partners, to help them better articulate how our offerings will help customers achieve their goals.
Beyond these core tasks, you will have an opportunity to perform a wide range of tasks and functions in support of an exciting new product category.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional.
- 7+ years experience in fields such as integrated marketing, product marketing, consulting or sales
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in crafting messaging, positioning and marketing content and marketing assets (videos, web content) to help with enablement
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, computer science or relevant field of study
- 7+ years of product marketing or technical sales experience
- Experience with cloud computing or cloud services
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Ability to grow sales, build new mechanisms, and solve customer problems by partnering across organizations
- Experience launching new products/category creation
- A leader who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations to senior executives
- Startup experience helpful, but not required
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $142k – $193k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The base pay range for this position in New York City is $142-$193 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.