Biogen is on a mission to transform patient lives by pioneering and leading in neuroscience.
※Applicant MUST have native or higher level Japanese skill (verbal / writing).
※ JLPT (Japanese Language Proficient Test) N1 is minimum requirement.
The Digital Head will strategically plan, execute and monitor programs that enhance our overall multichannel/Omnichannel/SNS customer engagement strategy and approach. It covers all day to day and one-time digital projects of the affiliate in all therapeutic areas. The individual works closely with BU and IT teams in developing and implementing digital tools/projects that will increase our performance and Biogen’s visibility in the market and supports and drives integrating multichannel projects, with a focus on digital.
Digital strategic framework and expertise (30%):
- Creates, updates and evolves a local multichannel strategy, in alignment with Local, Regional and Global strategic imperatives.
- Leads and implements global digital projects on an affiliate level (prepare budget, involve necessary functions, build execution teams) and is the collaboration point for Biogen global CE&O team, Biogen Healthcare Solutions and Digital CoE team members. Ensures timely delivery of projects/tasks within budget and at best possible quality.
- Identify through data, areas to optimize customer engagement such as customer centricity, content adjustments, channel mix, and customer journey sequencing to improve customer engagement.
- Identify and drive new thinking on how to create experiences that differentiate Biogen from other options for our customers, and provide the assurance of delivering the right message, through the right channel, to the right customer, at the right time
- Understand therapy area and brand performance vs. competitive landscape set to ensure we are differentiating our offerings and providing for better customer experiences.
- Develop RACI Chart per project by need specially to clarify the R&R among Digital Lead, marketing and IT.
- Provide multi-channel/digital/SNS subject matter expertise in defining and driving the customer engagement strategy for a specified function (Medical, Marketing, Corporate Affairs)
- Inject experience design principles and other new ideas to define, execute and measure multi-channel experiments that focus on improving business and customer value.
Digital Implementation (30%):
- Support Medical, Marketing, Corporate Affairs, as well as other functions in their multichannel projects with a focus on the digital activities. Build and maintain relations to global functions, necessary to support local projects; work with Biogen third party agencies
- Have a deep understanding of the respective therapy areas and brand strategies, collaborating with internal subject matter experts, functional partners to define industry leading multichannel customer engagement strategies and associated tactics for their respective customer targets.
- Insert the multi-channel/digital subject matter expertise needed to partner with other functional experts across Biogen and external agencies to define the necessary capabilities.
- Help maintain and updating the local digital tools/websites/SNS/services and lead the launch new one’s, support local congress activities if applicable
- Work closely with legal/compliance to ensure all activities meet local legal and code requirements.
- Work collaboratively with respective regional digital counterparts in the Centre of Excellence to oversee global strategy devolution, solution development, execution, and measurement of the global strategies to determine effectiveness and closing the loop for input into the next round of planning
- Be the primary contact for the Global MCE Centre of Excellence (CoE) team, partnering through all phases of planning and design activities in developing the overall customer engagement strategies for the brands.
- Is the local champion to work in partnership with Biogen Healthcare Solution (BHS) team to rollout and manage HCPs solutions
Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement:
- Define KPI reports concerning multichannel activities, monitor those, analyze, take recommend actions
- Ensure campaign strategy effectiveness and keep the Japan team well informed on progress, best practices in multi-channel/digital, and associated metrics and outcomes.
- Identify opportunities to improve multi-channel planning and execution processes and approaches overall and work across therapy areas and functions to standardize improvements.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA Preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- + 2 years proven work experience as a project manager for digital and / or multichannel projects (Pharma or Consulting firm experience preferred)
- + 4 years Marketing experience (Pharma or Consulting firm experience preferred)
- Tech savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help achieve business goals
- Outstanding communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams
- Confirmed ability to emphasize with different types of stakeholders, personalities, and their processes e.g. marketers, medical, field force, IT and external agencies to ensure smooth communication, bilateral understanding and agreement
- Experience with managing several projects
- Self-starter and highly self-motivated personality
- English fluency
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.