Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration software. With products like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket, Atlassian helps all sorts of teams to plan, code, and track projects with ease.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
The Atlassian Field Marketing team partners with GTM teams, including Enterprise Sales, CLM, and PMM, to develop integrated marketing strategies in the field with the primary delivery vehicle being the execution of digital and face-to-face event programs. These program types include webinars, demos, third-party events and Atlassian hosted-events, that create lead gen and help sales and marketing teams to exceed their booking targets.
As a Senior Field Marketing Manager, you will be an expert around event strategy, field marketing campaign execution, lead generation, and event demand gen strategy. You have also obtained mastery experience with event operations, contract negotiating, digital event experiences and cross-functional partner relations. You are a leader and a strategic field marketing partner, with technical skills grounded by data and measurable results.
What you’ll do
- Responsibilities: Strategy, operations, lead generation, field marketing and measurement
- Key GTM Business Alignment: CXO, Enterprise Sales, Cloud & Data Center
- Field Marketing Strategy: Develop event strategies for hybrid field marketing events (webinars, demos, third-party events and Atlassian hosted-events) including input from product business owners, and align with Atlassian GTM sales plans, strategy and branding. You know how to think about overall event design to drive demand gen activity, create high lead volume and achieve measurable results. Plus, you can be the primary stakeholder and strategy driver for all assigned programs including the management of end-to-end nurture campaigns, paid marketing, etc.
- Event Operations: Execute all programs including managing budgets, internal/external stakeholders, marketing and creative teams, event technology, shipping, booth builds, booth traffic and engagement activities etc. You will deliver flawless field event operations including contract negotiation, manage vendor/partner relationships, development/management of project plans and timelines, all with the goal of demand gen and sales targets in mind.
- Campaign management and lead generation: Execute event programs that obtain new leads, create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing sales opportunities and deepen our existing customer relationships. Strategize and execute integrated field campaigns by partnering with the Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) team, performance marketing, and others on the execution. This includes helping drive lead follow-up plans and handling, lead nurturing based on the products and solutions messaged at an event and working with CLM and sales on tracking ROI and metrics at each event.
- Event measurement: Define and refine event metrics and manage feedback loop to measure and optimize program effectiveness.
- Product expertise and booth staffing: As the driver of assigned trade shows, product expertise or technically thinking / speaking abilities are required to engage with customers and prospects at a high-level to help produce leads and drive traffic to the booth for the programs assigned. This also requires the ability to travel to show-site for all program days, work the expo floor, and have an active role in booth staffing.
- 5+ years of field marketing, event operations, marketing, and demand generation experience (preferably in high-tech)
- Digital event experience in webinars, multi-day events or demos
- Direct experience in producing multiple-sized programs and budgets
- Project management expertise
- Event strategy experience from program goals to show management
- Experience with event design to support incredible attendee event experiences
- International project management experience including experience with localization, translation services, VAT etc.
- Accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions
- Experience with budgets, event contracts, expenses & accounts payable
- Superb prioritization skills to individually detect and achieve the most important things first
- Ability to multitask and take the lead on several events simultaneously
- Nice to have – Experience from both corporate and event agency (especially with event management and execution)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .