American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate Merchant acceptance and enhance the value of acceptance to Merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of Merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe.
This position provides an opportunity to be at the center of one of the highest priorities for American Express and Global Merchant Services: driving Welcomed Acceptance and Merchant Satisfaction by helping to grow the number of businesses that actively accept and engage with American Express. This Director leads a team within U.S. Merchant Marketing that is responsible for developing field enablement strategies and resources to enable Client Management and Marketing to communicate the value of acceptance and merchant membership. This role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders and senior leaders including GMNS Client Managers, Merchant Acquisition, Industry Development, GCS, CA&C, GCO and internal marketing teams.
- Create and manage strategic content and tools in partnership with key stakeholders such as scalable merchant facing collateral and direct to merchant marketing campaigns. Examples include the Merchant Value Playbook, SMART slides, claims, testimonials, videos, one-pagers, e-books and more.
- Manage internal communication strategy to key stakeholders through marketing newsletters, feedback loops and training support
- Drive strategy innovation to enhance measurement capabilities and drive field awareness and engagement of available assets and inform ongoing strategy optimization
- Serve as the marketing champion for Managed Merchant satisfaction (NPS)
- Conduct primary and 3rd party market research to develop value claims for use across multiple channels and segments
- Ensure that Merchant Membership value and messaging is tailored to each merchant segment
- Drive collaboration across US Merchant Marketing to ensure comprehensive and cohesive strategies
- Ownership and support for ad hoc strategic enterprise initiatives
- Seasoned people leader with a passion for building an inclusive culture and coaching high performing colleagues
- Extensive marketing, field enablement, and/or partnership experience
- Strong track record of building and nurturing successful relationships with internal partners
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all leadership levels
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to navigate complex relationships and drive successful outcomes
- Demonstrated track record of setting strategic priorities
- Passion for innovation and content creation/storytelling
- Customer-first mindset
- B2B industry experience a plus
- Team player with a willingness to have fun
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.