Merck is a leading biopharmaceutical company driven to impact communities, improve lives, and inspire growth, health, and innovation.
Attention NJ Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
The Global Business Analyst, Sales Enablement is a key role within the Global Sales Enablement Product Team. This role provides close support to the Global Product Owner so that product development and maturity is both valuable and viable, drawing on a deep knowledge and experience of building best-in-class capabilities and offerings to our Sales Team. Additionally, this role supports the Product Owner with market mobilization, as well as supporting any improvements or optimizations of existing products (ex: Remote Engagement, Next Best Engagement and customer e-learning).
The Global Business Analyst, Sales Enablement plays a vital role in coordinating activities across the in-market squad and the global team to ensure project deadlines and milestones are met in a timely manner and that value of the product is fully realized. He/she ensures strategic alignment to the global Sales Enablement strategy, roadmap and global use-case implementation.
He/she will work with and represent commercial business stakeholders to uncover and communicate user needs and assist in product discovery activities. Instrumental in planning, designing, and conducting testing activities, and compiling critical content for training and communication for users. Whilst this is not an IT role, a strong understanding and solid experience of sales & marketing technology and functional product development is critical to be successful.
- Responsible for applying a structured approach to discovery, documentation, and management of business process, user and stakeholder needs, including opportunity statements, use cases, insights, requirements and relevant KPIs.
- Provides expertise and facilitates sessions for existing and new products in the Sales Enablement space. Products currently on the roadmap include Remote Engagement, Next Best Engagement and customer e-learning platform and these products will evolve over time as new innovations are introduced.
- Works with stakeholders to establish business and technology requirements that support the sales team engagement with customers, drives innovation, and improves overall experience.
- Gathers insight into user journey, behavior, motivation, and pain points. Expose unarticulated customer and user problems and unmet needs.
- Documents business process, business and user needs in the form of problem statements to make up the backlog. Facilitates the “how” with the Sales Enablement Technical Product team.
- Refines the market roll-out plan based on market gaps/ needs and external deadlines (e.g. MAXX requirement deadline for MAXX release).
- Gains expertise in the business area at Regional and market level to understand current and future commercial/marketing opportunities.
- Conceptualizes commercial outcomes from business requirements, driving a customer-first mindset and leveraging real-world insight to drive strategic benefit across the commercial organization in alignment with product vision & strategy.
- Leverages business and user insight to help inform solutioning ideas and prioritization decisions to deliver valuable products.
- Introduces and inspires change at all stages of product development – evangelizing the culture, mission & vision for Sales Enablement across the organization.
- Guides markets on the roll-out process and use of documentation, such as the Remote Engagement Playbook Workbook.
- Coordinates activities across the in-market team and the global team, highlighting any key actions, risks or dependencies.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma with equivalent experience
• 4 + years of experience in commercial roles including sales, marketing, digital marketing, management consulting experience, strategy/operations experience or IT
• Strong working knowledge of CRM and marketing automation platforms (ex: Veeva, SFMC)
• Strong communication skills
• Prior experience in Scrum and other agile methodologies
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: