Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
The Small Business Group contributes directly to this mission by connecting every small business in the world with their customers on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger, and then helping them grow through solutions like pages, advertising, messaging, commerce and more. We succeed when we help our customers grow their business. We’re in the business of helping small businesses. The Small Business Group at Facebook is one of two sales channels responsible for Facebook’s multi-billion dollar advertising business. Our Small Business Team helps more than 99% of Facebook’s 10 million plus advertisers and 200 million businesses on our platform find success. We’re looking for a Director of Marketing Operations for our Small Business Growth Marketing Team to lead marketing operations efforts across marketing infrastructure and tools, marketing campaign operations, and marketing analytics and insights.The Director, Marketing Operations will oversee a global marketing operations team responsible for building out world-class marketing infrastructure and tools, leading a team responsible for delivering marketing campaigns impacting millions of SMB customers, and transforming the way we serve small business through generating small business customer and marketing insights. The leader is empowered with global responsibility for a significant operation, working cross-functionally with product teams, regional sales, program managers, data scientists, other marketing and creative teams and cross-functional partners to be effective in that work. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing scaled marketing teams, defining requirements, making data driven decisions, technical aptitude and experience in marketing tools, utilizing research insights to improve marketing effectiveness, overseeing complex operations, varied marketing channel experience, recognizing patterns of success (and failure) quickly, and working cross-functionally. Success in this position requires leadership, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Director, Marketing Operations, Small Business Group Responsibilities:
- Work with product teams to define requirements to build out marketing infrastructure and tools to scale campaign efficiency
- Scale and iterate on the tool over time
- Lead marketing operations team responsible for executing marketing campaigns and ensuring that our campaigns are connected, cohesive customer journey and are elevating with each new campaign shipped
- Lead the marketing insights strategy to generate impactful customer insights to improve marketing programs and tools
- Work to unblock policies and processes to effectively measure and utilize on and off-platform channels
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across Meta teams (e.g. product, engineering, sales, business development, marketing, human resources sales planning/operations and finance)
- People leadership responsibilities including developing managers, building organizational structures, recruiting, training, development
- Member of the Small Business Group leadership team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12+ years professional experience in marketing and analytics
- 7+ years professional experience in building and leading teams
- Demonstrated experience with performance marketing and marketing operations
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform decision making & strategy planning
- Proven leadership experience influencing others and communicating direction
- Experience engaging at an executive level with cross-functional groups
- Experience working internationally (including management of teams or priorities outside the US)
- Avid Facebook & IG user
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.