Boston Consulting Group
BCG is a global consultancy with 35+ North America offices that partners with business leaders and society to solve industry-defining challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, you will drive the development, delivery and maintenance
of a robust learning plan/curriculum for our digital consultants in AP. The primary focus of the role
is to further deepen the technology and digital capabilities of our technologists, while also
supporting the development of their core consulting capabilities. The role balances external
(academia, industry, partnerships) and internal (BCG local, regional and global offers)
learning resource management
1. Business Partner (40%)
• Understand business and upskilling needs of our digital consultants;
• Work with SMEs/Digital leaders/Chapter leads in AP to drive learning plan/calendar as per above needs
• Own the development plan for business and individual needs of our digital consultants in AP, incl. current and emerging propositions
• Represent needs for AP digital consultants in global initiatives e.g., Learning Journeys
• Collaborate with global L&D team to integrate emerging business needs in the core consulting curriculum
• Thought partner with other L&D teams on digital upskilling of traditional consultants
2. Learning Strategy (30%)
• Collaborate with global L&D to encourage adoption of a targeted learning curriculum (consulting and digital) in AP DBCG
• Leverage existing academic and commercial Partnerships/Alliances that provide opportunity for upskilling
• Identify and create access to new strategic academic/industry partnerships for collaboration on depth of technology skills and access to emerging tech.
• Harmonize and leverage scale (systems and processes) where possible in collaboration with global L&D team and other
3. Operations (30%)
• Work in an integrated manner to reflect needs of digital consultants in the larger BCG L&D community at global, regional, and system level
• Embed the on-boarding and integration process in the learning curriculum.
• Administer individual learning plans, including:
o programs based on Career Development Committee (CDC) identified Areas for Development (AfDs)
o Certifications and related external trainings across digital and technology topics
• Track learning activity (including learning hours) and participation against budget
• Support marketing / promotion at Regional and System level incl. upskilling events, global chapter journeys, promotions, contests, local HR and system leaders
• Support digital capability networks & nodes1 with upskilling activities for network members and wider tech audience
YOU’RE GOOD AT
• Organizational and Prioritization skills – an ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently. The role will require you to be proactive to achieve success. Understanding the big picture, getting clear on which activities will make the biggest impact in realizing our commercial priorities. This requires the ability to bridge between pressing needs in our go-to-market strategy and the preferences of individual stakeholders
• Strong written and oral communication skills – You need to be able to effectively tailor your communications since we work across all levels of our organization and your work may be received by clients. You will need to bring stakeholders on the journey and make ideas become reality
• Affinity for digital and technology topics: You should genuinely like and be excited by various digital and technology topics and the way they are approached and dealt with at BCG
• Stakeholder Management and Building relationships – The success in this role will depend on forming deep, meaningful relationships across the levels and geographies. It will include an ability to generate respect and trust from others. Good judgement, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
• Ability to work independently: Working independently and effectively in a virtual team environment, partnering across functions, geographies, cultures, and staff levels within BCG
• Learner Centricity: Having a customer-centric attitude especially to ensure that new joiners and learners get an amazing experience
• High Energy: Being a team player with high motivation, energy, resourcefulness, and a friendly manner
• Stakeholder Management: Beyond being able to deliver on ideas and manage stakeholders, balance will be crucial. You will need to listen, negotiate, and flex where needed; while also having the stamina and strength to stand your ground on what can be reasonably accomplished.
• Ability to influence: Persuading, influencing, and negotiating, as appropriate across levels and geographies
• Strong attention to detail: Ensure all information and communication is accurate and comprehensive
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• BA/BS degree plus minimum 8-10 years professional experience in L&D/Talent Management
• Professional Certification in Learning/Talent Management
• High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
YOU’LL WORK WITH
BCG’s HR team works to attract, develop, excite, deploy, and retain the best people in the market. Those in human resources jobs manage the life cycle of all BCG employees-from hiring top talent and developing their skills to rewarding their contributions and supporting career progression and mobility.