Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences by helping customers create, deliver and optimize content.
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Director, Strategy & Operations, Marketing & Communications
Adobe’s Global Marketing Team is the steward for one of the world’s most recognizable and beloved brands. To build upon the momentum, Adobe is looking for a Director of Strategy and Operations for the Marketing Strategy and Communications Organization. This role is critical in helping us accelerate the organization’s work in elevating our corporate reputation and pioneering the future of marketing communications functions (e.g., Communications, Events, Social Media, Corporate Social Responsibility, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, resourceful problem solver and operations management expert who can drive a global, cross-functional organization at scale. This individual will have a strong track record of successfully influencing and mobilizing multiple workstreams in a matrixed, fast-paced environment. This leader will also serve as a proxy in strategic conversations to push the development of future-state programs forward.
What you’ll do
- Evolve the business: Strategically partner with the VP and leaders of the Marketing & Communications organization to develop and deliver future-state programs and processes
- Drive key transformational marketing initiatives
Run the Business Operations
- Design and establish new operating models (i.e., org structure, process, tools, metrics) to increase global organizational efficiency, alignment, collaboration, and connectivity
- Preempt and tackle problems on critical operational issues (i.e., clearing roadblocks to “get things done”)
- Oversee departmental operations in collaboration with senior leadership and direct leadership bench, partnering on transformative strategies, designing and driving the rhythm of the business and communicating with key stakeholders around priorities, milestones and results.
Planning and Budget
- Optimize the process to deliver strategic integrated marketing plans and investment recommendations
- Drive the annual, quarterly and incremental budget and headcount interlock cycles working closely with decision makers, finance and HR partners
Measurement and Reporting
- Drive performance reviews and quarterly business reviews
- Establish a consistent reporting framework across teams for accurate and real-time performance reporting
What you’ll need to succeed
- 10+ years in marketing or business operations role in technology sector
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent background/understanding of internal and external communications (i.e., PR, social media, events, etc.)
- Proven success operating within an agile yet matrixed business and leading complex projects to fruition in a fast-paced culture
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience managing multiple streams of work concurrently while applying excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills across teams and departments
- A sense of humor