PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money, or set up a merchant account—both on and offline.
Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Venmo’s Social Team supports the growth of the business by inserting the brand into culture, driving awareness & engagement at scale, and fueling customer acquisition and advocacy via inspiring content and innovative platform tactics.
The Head of Social & Community is both a creative and a strategic role. You’ll shape our global social strategy and bring to life integrated campaigns and tentpole moments to drive brand metrics.
As a team leader, your passion for mentoring and developing talent will inspire a team of social and influencer marketers to deliver their best work and meaningfully grow their careers. You understand the importance of strong cross-functional relationships, as you’ll collaborate across marketing, comms, product, customer support, legal, compliance, and risk. You will be the key point of contact for executive stakeholders, external agencies, and partners—and you will report to the Head of Marketing.
The ideal candidate for this role is creative and has a passion for leveraging all aspects of social marketing to strategically build brands, capture attention, and generate advocacy. You have a pulse on culture. You think big picture. You’ve led highly creative social programs for consumer brands. And you have a deep understanding of social platform capabilities and paid social strategy.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves to be challenged intellectually, operates with flexibility, and leads with kindness to have an outsized impact on the future of Venmo.
Venmo is mentioned on social every 3 seconds. We’re a platform for cultural movements and an enabler of social good – just take a look at the #venmochallenge on TikTok with over 280M organic views (just one of many examples)! As one of the fastest growing brands on social with over 2M followers across channels, this role has the opportunity for unprecedented creativity and impact.
What you’ll do
- Develop and lead the social & influencer marketing program for Venmo—inserting social-first thinking to everything we do
- Manage and mentor a team of social & influencer marketers to deliver their best work and grow their careers
- Drive the social content, influencer/creator, and amplification strategy to meet marketing goals
- Identify real-time social moments that insert Venmo into culture to drive the brand conversation forward
- Partner with cross-functional teams to bring to life fully integrated campaigns alongside always-on programming
- Lead community management efforts—including social insights, community management, surprise & delight moments, giveaways, and user-generated content curation
- Build and lead measurement plan; establish KPIs and deliver regular reports with comprehensive metrics and actionable insights to optimize content performance and future campaigns
- Stay on top of cultural, community, media, and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for campaigns; own relationships with social agencies and platforms (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.), gaining access to emerging features and technologies
- Expand our social footprint by entering new platforms in a meaningful way for our community and brand
- Unlock reach and conversion synergies by implementing paid + organic strategy across platforms
- Educate the organization about the role and impact of social
What you’ll need
- 10-12 years experience leading social & influencer marketing for consumer brands
- 5+ years building, inspiring, and leading teams
- Experience presenting to executive leadership and educating the business on the value and importance of social marketing
- Expert in both organic and paid social media, including platforms, trends, and targeting approaches
- Hands-on experience leading creative, innovative, social-first campaigns
- A deep understanding of the social ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way
- Experience managing complex workstreams involving internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Robust knowledge of social media management tools; experience with Khoros and other social media management tools a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.