Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are seeking a dynamic, driven senior product marketer to join the Go-to-Market (GTM) team to focus on building the product category and launch strategy for products globally. In this role you will lead the product marketing efforts, with principal responsibility for product positioning and messaging, sales enablement planning, research, launch strategy and thought leadership for a Ring product category. The role is a highly visible opportunity to manage and drive one of Ring’s major product categories.
The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus. He/she will also be comfortable with the technical aspects of product development and understand how to explain next-generation and new to the world devices to our neighbors. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in marketing and product management, and with colleagues across the organization, including Brand Marketing, Retail, Sales, and Business Intelligence. This person will be the category and product expert, guiding cross functional teams to make key business decisions.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive Go-To-Market strategy for new products and releases, including but not limited to product naming, pricing, and channel distribution
• Develop compelling positioning, messaging, and primary why-buys for Ring that differentiates us in the market and resonates with neighbors
• Conduct competitive, industry research, and any relevant user studies to drive decision-making
• Work with product managers to determine customer need, relevant features and roadmap for new hardware
• Partner cross functionally to drive innovative marketing programs that are demonstrably impactful to the business, drive device sales, and develops the category, usage and satisfaction
• Develop and present cohesive project view to leadership with business and product strategy
• Lead Voice of Customer efforts — be the expert on our customers, uncovering insights that lead to breakthrough messaging
A day in the life
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be driving a product category and managing multiple new product launches at various stages. We work cross functionally but closest with product, marketing, and supply chain teams. In the morning, you may attend a weekly business review with leadership before you review customer Beta results for a product in development. You then have meetings with product managers for your products and with sales team to do a final review for a pitch deck you created. In the afternoon, you’ll send out a competitive analysis of a new competitor product launch to leadership before you review a product detail page with the creative team. At the end of the day, you may hop on a call with an international team to discuss product assortment strategy. Note these are just examples of various activities that could be part of a typical day.
About the team
The role of the Go-to-Market (GTM) team is to set the product marketing strategy for all Ring products. They work to drive decisions related to the marketing five P’s (product, price, positioning, packaging, and placement) and are the product marketing SMEs of our products from PRFAQ through end-of-life (EOL). The GTM team operates as a hub for product development, Demand Planning, Finance, Econ, PR, Packaging, Marketing, OX, Offline, and Customer Service teams. Together with these teams, new products are brought to market that excite and delight our customers.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6+ years of experience in product marketing or product management, including demonstrated success positioning & promoting hardware within consumer electronics/goods
• 5+ years of experience successfully launching products end-to-end and proven ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
• 4+ years of experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition; adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations
• Experience with full product development cycle: business requirements through market release
• Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on while juggling multiple projects and timelines
• Strong listening skills, and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives through documents, presentations and leading discussions
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans
• Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.