Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The world’s leading aerospace and defense company is seeking a strategic communications specialist who will be responsible for managing strategic communications and advocacy for the company’s Government Affairs organization.
The successful candidate will lead strategic advocacy and develop and execute media relations strategies to reach customers, decision makers, influencers and other key stakeholders in the Washington, D.C., region. The role will partner with our media relations team and agency partners to effectively tell the Lockheed Martin story across a variety of communications channels.
This position reports directly to the Strategic Communications manager, Government Affairs and Advocacy Communications and is based in Crystal City, Virginia.
• Communications specialist focused on developing integrated communications strategies to advance Lockheed Martin’s position with target audiences in the DC metropolitan area.
• Providing communications counsel and advice to Government Affairs Space, Missile Defense & Strategic, and Intelligence, Cyber & Technology mission area leadership.
• Building and expanding relationships with key media and developing strategic advocacy campaigns.
• Creating messages, pitching stories and conducting interviews as part of a strategic communications strategy.
• Managing emerging issues and crisis situations.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and equivalent experience and/or MA preferred
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong executive presence and proven ability to work with senior Washington, DC executives and government leadership.
• Strategic thinking and sound judgment
• Creativity, innovating thinking and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to work on a collaborative team and bridge organizational boundaries.
• Expertise in digital advocacy and social media trends and practices for U.S. government.
• Experience developing integrated communications plans.
• Media relations skills, experience and relationships inside the beltway.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, evolving priorities.
Previous experience working on Capitol Hill in a Communications role preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.