VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights. If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Title: Staff Program Manager, Business Operations
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
This position is an opportunity to work in the Cloud Storage and Data (CSD) team, which is part of the larger Cloud Infrastructure Business Group (CIBG). Our portfolio of products, VMware Cloud Foundation, HCI/vSAN, VCDR, Ransomware, are the cornerstones for the majority of Fortune 1000 in their Digital Transformation and Cloud journey. The Business Operations Manager will partner closely with leaders in the CSD team to drive operational rhythm of business, driving efficiency and helping the team realize our multi-cloud vision.
The candidate will be a strong, hands-on collaborator who can enable the team to streamline operations, generating team capacity to execute strategy. The successful candidate can foresee business needs and take on solving them proactively and driving change in the organization. We are looking someone with demonstrable ability to think and act strategically while ensuring successful day-to-day execution at all levels of the organization.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Understand the rhythm of business execution
- Build team trust and represent leaders in cross-functional activities
- Take on responsibility for a set of operational activities and drive them successfully
- Implement processes and change management, impacting a team of 1000+
- Drive scaled operations from a small but mighty team
- Develop strategic programs, in collaboration with Eng, Product, Product Marketing, Sales etc
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Build clear plans for interdependent work streams (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.) in collaboration with leadership and stakeholders
- Proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution
- Report on your programs to executive stakeholders. Be the trusted speaker in key checkpoint reviews
- Partner with the leadership team to align strategic and tactical goals with business objectives
- Update and maintain Confluence so stakeholders can view the state of the program at any time
- Facilitate operating review cadence and obtain updates from teams
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This position will be part of CSD Operations team, that is responsible for Technical and Business Operations program management. Our Business Operation team is small but growing. We are a growth mindset team who value ability to learn and drive outcomes. We get things done and have a lot of fun doing it!
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.