Gap Inc. operates Gap, Banana Republic, Intermix, and Athleta brands—offering quality clothing and accessories for men, women, and children on an international scale.
For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the Role
As the Associate Manager of Brand Marketing, you will help lead the seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, and ensure that Athleta brand and product campaigns are brought to life across all touchpoints. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Brand Marketing, the Associate Manager is a pivotal member of the Athleta Brand Marketing team. This role is responsible for supporting all initiatives part of the women’s seasonal business to grow brand awareness, acquire new customers, and deepen the connection consumers experience with our brand and products.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Brand Marketing leaders to help lead the women’s seasonal omni-channel marketing strategy; play a role in seasonal hind sighting and gather ongoing competitive insights to inform strategies and stay relevant
- Help develop seasonal marketing briefs that deliver thoughtful consumer insights, product details, and zeitgeist trends
- Assist in development of the seasonal omni product messages in partnership with product merchandising to bring to life Athleta’s world class beautiful, technical, sustainable product
- Be a critical contributor to seasonal omni asset planning applying strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Help to optimize tools and templates within the Brand Marketing organization and serve as the key owner of updating key calendars and roadmaps
- Work cross-functionally with vehicle teams – site, social, paid, email, catalog, retail – to put together thoughtful, cohesive activation plans for Athleta’s brand and product campaigns
- Support on all Athleta strategic growth initiative workstreams
Who You Are
- 3-5 years marketing / strategy experience at a consumer brand and/or marketing agency; fashion/apparel experience a nice to have
- Knowledge about the sports/fitness industry and have passion for living the Athleta brand mission
- Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to dive into multiple projects and have the strong ability to prioritize
- Team player with strong people skills who can foster dynamic relationships and work collaboratively with cross functional team members, including but not limited to: Editorial, Creative, Digital, Social, Email, Brand Experiences, Ecomm, Merchandising, Consumer Insights
- Positive attitude, high energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment and comfortable dealing with new situations and ambiguity
- Flexible, incredibly detail-oriented, organized and has the ability to meet/stay on deadlines; proficient in PPT, Excel, Word and strong administrative skills
- Hungry to learn and grow within the Athleta Marketing team
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.