Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The role’s core mission is to lead strategy and execution of our 3P content strategy for specific domains in Amazon Halo. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with cross-functional counterparts in engineering, content experience, product management, marketing, finance, and executive teams to ensure the content program is supporting the broader growth of our service, developing and growing business opportunities, and enhancing our customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will own our content selection KPIs and be responsible for driving customer engagement by optimizing content coverage, completeness, and quality of assets within the Halo catalog. You will bring new content features to market, develop and grow business opportunities with strategic partners, and enhance our customer experience. We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. In this role, you will develop a strong bias for operational efficiency, partner trust, and self-service tooling to scale our business effectively across the globe.
A day in the life
• Lead the identification, evaluation, negotiation and execution of strategic content partnerships and marketing deals that drive competitive advantage and customer delight, and support strategic objectives on a global basis.
• Set and execute strategy for engaging with content partners, including prioritizing partners, negotiating agreements, and managing ongoing relationships.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and work with leaders across all functional areas of Amazon to execute on these relationships.
• Manage both executive and working level relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive buy-in and deliver results.
• Own partner performance metrics, holding partners accountable to Amazon delivery specifications and continuing to raise the bar on partner performance, consistently leaving it better than you found it.
• Lead the catalog strategy for our content partners, including establishing program goals and metrics to maximize content catalog coverage and quality. Work directly with external partners to deliver content that drives competitive advantage, customer delight, and value for partners.
• Partner on the launch of new innovative content experiences, either by adding new asset types to the catalog or through feature releases that enhance our existing content assets.
• Leverage internal analysis and monitor external trends to drive content acquisition and development decisions.
About the team
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to build a big business, solving significant customer problems through innovative technology, from the beginning? The Amazon Halo team, within Amazon’s Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in customer health and wellness through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning. The mission of Amazon’s Halo team is to create products and services that empower customers, enterprises, and care providers to improve health.
• 8+ years experience in content acquisition, product, program or project management or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
• 8+ years experience delivering cross functional projects or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• Experience implementing processes and mechanisms that drive automation, standardization, and scalability for the business
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• Strong ability to improve/implement manual process and drive automation.
• Demonstrated success in delivering programs of high complexity with ambiguity
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• Ability to work autonomously, and effectively navigate change management and ambiguity.
• Deep experience and understanding of digital media and content licensing.
• Experience executing strategic, large-scale and complex partnerships with leading technology companies and major consumer brands
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.