The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, youâ€™ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join our Strike and Surveillance and Material Product Support team in Berkeley, MO.
- Manages employees and mid-level managers planning, developing and managing sales and marketing campaigns supporting our Defense Logistics Agency, and US Army, US Air Force and US Navy Supply Chain customers.
- Develops and executes integrated organizational plans, policies and procedures and guides the development of business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Acquires resources for organizational activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and mid-level managers.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience working with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- 5+ years of experience in the acquisition and supply chain/ logistics execution environment within the US Department of Defense (DOD) and/or the Defense Industry
- Experience working with the US Government acquisition process
- Experience do you have communicating with senior managers and executives, customers (internal and external), business partners / suppliers / subcontractors, and government representatives
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Masterâ€™s in Business Administration (MBA), Masters in Finance or Economics
- Experience with leading or participating in program captures
- Experience do you have in government budgetary processes
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain certification in property management either through Defense Acquisition University (DAU), National Property Management Association (NAPA) or a related organization
Typical education and experience described in our standard level guides are aligned to the type and number of years of experience/education required to perform the job in industry. For management positions, our industry sources do not specify typical experience/education. For reference you may review the non-management level guide most relevant to the work performed.
This position does not offer relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Position may require travel up to 50% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.