Miro is an online collaboration whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work together.
About the team
The Performance Marketing team is one of the main drivers of Miro’s rapidly scaling growth, giving tangible results to our international expansion by advertising in more than 130 countries.
The Paid Search (PS) team is part of the overarching Growth Marketing function and partners very closely with other teams within this organization, such as synthesizing organic and paid insights with SEO, developing new audiences to target with lifecycle marketing, and creating a search brand lift study with Video.
Additionally, the team collaborates with other functions. Think about adding new paid search metrics to our reporting stack with Analytics, target-setting with Strategic Finance, formulating new outstanding buying reasons in our ad copy with Product, and examining the impact of our TV campaign with Brand Marketing on paid search.
About the role
As the Search Engine Marketing Manager, you will become a part of a team creating the growth engine for Miro. You will have the opportunity to shape the PS strategy and operations. You will be aligning your budget, strategies, and your team initiatives with the broader organization roadmap and goals, and prioritizing them accordingly. Exciting, isn’t it?!
This role is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing organization and leave your mark as the team scales up, lay the foundation for the SEM team, and help organization’s growth!
This role reports directly to our PS Team Manager and this person will work closely with outstanding individuals across other acquisition channels.
What you’ll do
- Scale and optimize our paid search campaigns while meeting our desired payback period
- Form hypotheses, design and implement tests, collect data, apply findings to increase the return on investment of your campaigns, and share these takeaways with the team and the organization
- Work at the epicenter of industry-defining projects such as automation, bidding intelligence, experimentation, data integration, reporting & insights, alpha’s and beta’s, and search personalization. SEM manager will play a key role in deciding and implementing the paid search roadmap
- Find opportunities by analyzing large amounts of data and implement tailored actions to reach our objectives. Organizing paid search data, making it understandable, and communicating it to your key collaborators
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of full-time experience running PS campaigns for web performance (not app) on a large scale of + $500,000 a month, optimizing to return on investment. That means being well-versed in performance marketing, online customer acquisition, and conversion optimization. Besides that, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and empathetic—driving key cross-functional projects within paid search
- Opinions are good, data is better. Your decision-making is based on experimentation and data. That comes with strong analytical skills and the ability to structure and run experiments and analyze large sets of data and numbers
- Is accuracy your priority – Great! Your ads are being seen by millions of users every week all over the globe. A small change can lead to extraordinary impact and this is a central tenet to your way of working
- In your daily work, you apply the Pareto principle. You understand that one of the key factors to success in paid search is prioritizing work based on business impact. Being comfortable with making big decisions fast and autonomously. You have the urge to get things done and elevate paid search to a top level
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.