Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies, connecting people around the country with quality news, sports, and entertainment content.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Director of News Marketing for our National News c ast – The National Desk! We are looking for a strategic leader with a creative sensibility to lead our marketing and design multi-platform efforts. This role will be responsible for managing, editing, and drafting content. You will be responsible for tracking the results of the editorial marketing operations and using metrics to guide strategy and audience growth.
Our ideal candidate will have editorial experience managing publishing operations, a keen editorial sensibility, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders to build a successful content operation.
- 5+ years of digital marketing and promotional experience
- 5+ years of content marketing, editorial, social media, and email marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism
- Exhibit the ability to manage large scale projects or efforts to implementation
- High level of comfort with KPI’s and financial analysis to evaluate promotional impact
- Ability to think creatively and devise interesting and attractive promotions
- Comfortable working within a team but will take ownership of items when necessary
- Entrepreneurial spirit who wants to work on growing something rather than maintaining it
- Experience with tailoring content across various channels including website, blog, social media, and email marketing
- High sense of ownership for the promotional plans and their success
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate and develop ideas with content contributors and to get buy-in for campaigns
- Highly collaborative in nature and enjoy working with and developing editorial pieces with team members on a daily basis
- Strong design aesthetic with understanding of design and video editing to develop graphics, creative visuals, and video for social, blog and email content to drive interest and engagement.
- Excellent writing, storytelling, visual communications and technical skills with a marketing and branding mindset
- High level of creativity, execution, organization, project management, collaboration, and extreme attention to detail and quality
- Must be able to think critically
- Always thinking about the purpose of content
- Must understand basic principles of SEO and optimizing content, content development, distribution, measurement, and analysis
- Have industry knowledge across social media, marketing/advertising, news/publishing, and media
- Experience working with any necessary consultants/partners including copywriters, designers, videographers, and external content contributors.
- Coordinate with the Booking team to get promotional details in bullet form in order for shows to be able to promote correctly (dates, details, call to action, etc.)
- Work with Editorial team make sure content programs are ready
- Launch and manage editorial marketing operations across multiple channels including blog, social and newsletters
- Ensure messaging is edited, accurate, engaging, thought-provoking, consistent in voice and on-brand
- Build out and manage content/editorial calendar with periodic deadlines and campaigns
- Collaborate and coordinate enthusiastically and effectively with key stakeholders including marketing and design teams, senior multi-media leadership team, digital teams, marketing, sales and operational leaders.
Nice to Haves
- Conversion and creative A/B testing oversight and experience
- Previous experience with driving content syndication and develop partnerships with publishers
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.