Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies, connecting people around the country with quality news, sports, and entertainment content.
WTVC is looking for a Multimedia Journalist/photographer for our live weekday morning lifestyle program. Your responsibilities as an MMJ/photographer for a lifestyle program will include reporting, shooting and editing stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the Internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
- Create, shoot, edit and write daily shows and segments
- Generate editorial content that enhances the brand and takes the show to the next level
- Work alongside sales/marketing associates to line up guest segments and complete weekly sponsored content reports
- Drive social media engagement with a strong presence on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Collaborate with show producer and Host on special themed shows
- Have great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating our guests
- Will serve as the show alternate host when main show host is on leave
- Be able to travel outside the market DMA for projects, including overnight trips
- Other responsibilities as directed by department head
- Have a creative mindset
- Strong writing skills and sharp judgment in production quality
- A proven track record of getting results on initiatives
- Detail-oriented and ability to work well independently
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Must have at least two years of MMJ experience at a commercial TV station
- Line producing experience
- Must be able to use Adobe software such as Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, etc.
- Must be able to shoot video using a DSLR, Black Magic or other similar camera as well as set up lights and sound for location shoots
- Experience using newsroom systems such as iNews is a plus along with video conferencing systems such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.