Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Corporate Security (ACS) team is searching for a Senior Security Operations Analyst to support the Intellectual Property Protection program working within the Prototype Security Investigations Team. This position will develop mechanisms to analyze data/metrics that will seek identify leaks of intellectual property data/information/technology in support of the Amazon’s prototype device teams and identify trends that can be mitigated improving the overall operational security posture of the organization.
This position will support the execution of technical investigations related to the leak and unauthorized disclosure of intellectual property for the Amazon Devices Organization. The Amazon Devices Organization designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products as well as devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
This role will develop/participate in an information sharing working group to address and develop processes to reduce: speculation of IP being developed due to patent releases; development and documentation of leak response plans for IP Operations/Legal, Marketing and PR; and cross functional coordination for cases of unauthorized disclosure.
This position will report to the Amazon Corporate Security, Prototype Security Investigations Manager.
Job Responsibilities include:
-Serve as the primary point of contact for all analytics, metrics related to loss/unauthorized disclosure of intellectual property of prototype devices, software, hardware, etc. worldwide.
-Establish an Analytic focused – Information Sharing working group with cross functional teams to drive process change to help reduce risk to Amazon IP
-Provide analytic/trend analysis in support of the Intellectual Property (IP) Protection program for the larger Prototype Security team
-Support investigations into critical device losses, unauthorized disclosures, and security breaches
-Develop analytics in partnership with the Prototype Security Operations and Product Security teams to better understand security risk and create vulnerability assessments as it relates to root cause errors or processes identified in lost device investigations.
-Assist in the development of Intellectual Property Protection and Operational Security based education materials to include online training modules, and be willing to deploy and conduct in-person/virtual training sessions, employee outreach events, educational posters and handout material
-Actively evaluate, analyze, and use metrics collected to inform investigations as well as -Prototype Security programmatic needs and policy decisions in support of the Intellectual Property Protection program
-Assist in the development, drafting and publication of policies and standards related to the global prototype security program
-Support further development of the Prototype Security program.
A successful person in this role will have experience in:
• Technical Analysis skills
• Insider Threat and Security Awareness
• Intellectual Property Protection
• Experience of having worked within a Research and Development environment.
• Supporting worldwide programs
• Well versed in the use of Microsoft Office tools
• Domestic and international travel may be required (10-20% of time)
• 5+ years of experience in conducting analysis in support of security related issues and/or investigations.
• Experience with data visualization (PyPlot, Tableau, AWS QuickSight or similar tools)
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering or business intelligence.
Ability to perform the role in an in-office environment
Location alternatives: Washington D.C. and Austin, Tx
• Experience using Python or scripting language, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification
• Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
• Understanding of statistics and how data is used to inform policies and procedures
• Experience supporting or running a global program
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to dive deep into issues and do the work yourself if additional staffing is not available
• CPP, CPI, CISM, or PMP Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.