Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
Job Title: Corporate Derivative Sales
Corporate Title: Analyst – Vice President
Location: New York, NY
Overview [Business/Role Specific Description]
The RMS rates desk is responsible for structuring and marketing interest rate, cross-currency, and credit derivative hedges to North American corporate clients. Clients include multi-national investment grade and high yield companies across a variety of sectors including healthcare, consumers, financial sponsors, technology, media and telecom, industrials, and energy.
The desk is focused primarily on risk management associated with debt financing, asset/liability mix, and mergers & acquisitions. Examples of recent typical transactions include:
- Cross-currency swap with a high yield company as part of the financing for the acquisition of a European target
- Ongoing program of swaptions, swaps and Treasury Locks to hedge rates ahead of a large acquisition financing
- Portfolio of deal-contingent interest rate swaps for a financial sponsor to lock in the mark-to-market value of the derivatives portfolio of an acquisition target
- Lead counterparty and lead structuring bank on a CSA amendment following an acquisition to provide margin call relief with respect to legacy cross-currency swaps of the target
As the Rates Desk Associate you will take over coverage responsibility for clients in the Financial Sponsors and Real Estate sectors, with additional responsibilities across other teams as appropriate over time.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Analyzing client risk exposures and developing appropriate risk management strategies
- Working with Corporate Finance and DCM/LDCM to originate risk management business associated with clients’ strategic and financing activity
- Developing pitch book presentations to present various hedging strategies and trade ideas to corporate clients
- Building client relationships through continuous, idea-driven coverage and customized updates on market developments
- Overseeing all aspects of the trade process including documentation, credit approval, pricing and execution
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant experience in fixed income trading and sales, or a related field
- Familiarity with global financial markets and derivatives. Strong quantitative and technical ability
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that allow for comfort in client-facing situations
- Problem solving skills and a highly motivated, self-starter attitude
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.