toryburch Tory Burch
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand available in more than 50 countries worldwide, and includes products ranging from shoes, clothing, and accessories to home and beauty products.
We are an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents’ effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company’s guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation.
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you’re prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you’re joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive — everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You’ll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth – you’ll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you’ll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You are a global Senor Merchandising Manager with an interest in handbags.
You’re also resourceful and collaborative with owning seasonal line plans, strategically analyzing the business to ensure continued category growth & consistently keeping your pulse on the competitive handbag landscape. You have an entrepreneurial spirit with strong cross-functional communication & relationship building skills as you will be responsible for working with buying, planning, production, design and marketing seamlessly. In addition to attention to detail and business acumen, you have a passion for product and an eye for brand-right trend. A sense of humor is a plus!
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is… atypical. You might be analyzing category performance on a weekly/monthly/annual basis to recommend assortment opportunities, owning Seasonal Strategy driving Line plan creation informed by category performance & competitive research, or maintaining global line sheets in partnership with the Associate/Assistant; publishing accurately and timely tools necessary for market. The consistent thread is that you’ll be working with an amazing team of women and men who share your passion for excellence.
To Land This Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7-9 years in a merchandising role; handbag/SLG experience is a plus
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Suite including, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Strong knowledge of retail math and Excel formulas
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team:
Merchandising is a team of strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers who work together and with our cross-functional partners across the company from Design and Production to PR and Marketing to build seasonal collections that resonate with customers. With a luxury mindset focused on driving brand desirability, we help guide design development and category initiatives, keeping a relentless focus on quality, fabrications and fit. We also liaise with markets to ensure that our collection addresses regionally nuanced customer preferences. If you are interested being part of a dynamic team engaging with our product across all categories from concept to purchasing patterns, come join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable – We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial – We own it
- Collaborative – There’s no “I” in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused – We put ourselves in Tory’s shoes
- Live the Values – We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise – We’re constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Tory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).