Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content including Amazon original content and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever and whenever they want. We are just getting started in Brazil with Prime Video, but have very ambitious goals to become a leading player in the video entertainment industry and delight our customers with a great service and broad content.
We are looking for a versatile Senior Marketing/Content Manager to design and lead PV Brazil Content Strategy, managing a team that includes programming and content acquisition managers, all working in partnership with different stakeholders to negotiate, acquire, categorize, schedule and define launch dates, taking in consideration local customers needs, available content, advertising campaigns strategy and positioning. She/he/they will focus on a long term strategy while contributing for Exclusives, Local originals and regional acquisition strategy. She/he/they must design and execute innovative and effective programming strategies taking in consideration the possible different behavior based on device, calendar events and customer segmentation. She/he/they will lead content consumption research and insights, and general market analysis.
The successful candidate will be data-driven with a proven track record in content acquisition and/or programming skills, either linear or non-linear. She/he/they should be able to think/act strategically, develop structured plans and be willing to execute hands on with a start-up type of mentality. The ideal candidate should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytics, be comfortable diving deep into the data, yet able to step-back and communicate both the strategic and immediate implications on priorities. This person must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Portuguese, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others and strong cross-functional leadership.
Key job responsibilities
• Create and execute a long term comprehensive content programming strategy to engage customers with Prime Video focused on content launch but not only;
• Set medium and long term goals and KPIs for content performance, and design strategies through which to achieve them while working together with peers to maximize key content individual performance, overall engagement and media efficiency;
• Establish the local content acquisition guardrails, designing a long term strategy and setting the conditions for the team to succeed;
• Assures all stakeholders, from Amazon Studios to WW Acquisition team and Global programming, are taken in consideration to maximize the outcome;
• Manage timelines, under pressure and hard negotiations environment;
• Own and present to senior leadership key performance metrics around media and acquisition;
• Develop a strong culture of rapid experimentation, measurement, and iteration: use data to measure and understand customer behavior and apply/share those insights to be used in our marketing levers.
• 8+ years of relevant senior level experience in content programming, preferably with content subscription services and/or linear open or pay tv;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others;
• 3+ years of experience hiring and managing a team;
• Fluent written and spoken Portuguese and English;
• Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
• 7+ years relevant business experience;
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs;
• Experience in content and consumer research;
• Technology affinity and track record of employing systems to drive simplification and change;
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team;