March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We support research, lead programs, provide education, and advocacy to families.
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
Provide leadership for all marketing communications efforts for mission, research, global and advocacy programs and activations while working to ensure March of Dimes mission is integrated into internal and external communications efforts. Work as the primary point of contact to the mission team to further the organization’s awareness and impact goals. Serve as a brand and mission ambassador, syncing efforts between the various communications and content specialists to ensure consistent application of our brand in mission efforts, as well as ensuing mission accuracy in communication campaigns.
- Develop and Implement comprehensive mission marketing and communications strategy that works to amplify and promote the organization-wide goals and support priority mission programs and opportunities.
- Based on agreed upon organization and mission priorities, create holistic communications plans to drive awareness of and engagement around key priorities; manage them through project lifecycle with Mission and wider MarComm team
- Discover stories, statistics and successes that bring the mission to life, working with the mission and marketing teams to share these stories across multiple platforms.
- Communicate national marketing/branding/communications/PR directives and ensure consistent application of our brand across mission area. Ensure the consistent use of templates (which Associate Director will help to create) by the communications specialists, serving to ultimately reduce the numerous variations of our brand in the market and increase brand recognition.
- Partner with Chief Scientific Office to ensure Research plans, wins, discoveries are leveraged as widely as possible across all audiences.
- Based on calendar of announcements and activities, leverage timing hooks and yearly calendar to strategically promote and announce key wins (awards, grants, research milestones.); support the translation of complex science into lay friendly language.
- Work across wider MarComm team and external grantees and funders to use all levers appropriate to reach key audiences with research successes.
- Work with March of Dimes mission team and external partners to align on priority programs and build tools, templates and resources to raise awareness of these initiatives internally, externally and with partner organizations.
- Partner with colleagues across Mission and Marketing and Communications to build marketing strategies that align message, medium and audience attributes.
- Collaborate with mission team and foundation and government agency partners to build communications plans to drive audience awareness and action.
- Work with advocacy mission marketing manager to develop and implement Omni channel communication initiatives in support of federal and state government affairs team and grassroots managers.
- Collaborate with mission team and external partners (where needed) to create standard and regularly updated program information, success stories which can be used by marketing, revenue and regional teams and external partners to promote and support funding for mission programs.
- Attend mission planning meetings, representing Marketing Communications, and assist the Marketing Leadership Team in planning for communication initiatives.
- Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the advocacy mission marketing manager and mission marketing associate director within the Marketing and Communications department to align with the overall priorities of the Mission team.
- 8-10 years experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management skills, experience developing marketing communications plans and executing against those plans.
- Healthcare media or marketing experience needed.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.