Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Join our team at Sunnyside as a PA Operation Specialist. You will support the Regional and Dispensary leaders as well as our Marketing and Compliance teams to achieve our goals. Success is achieved by ensuring we operate efficiently and in support of our values. In support of the Regional Director, your day-to-day is focused on making connections and clarifying process for how we operate so our teams can execute varying initiatives flawlessly. Your attention to detail and strong desire to simplify and improve processes will support us being the dispensary of choice in the communities we serve.
At Sunnyside, we believe the consumer experience is paramount to all. We are passionate about education, outreach, and diversity in our dispensaries. And while focusing on those key elements of our business, we are also proud to champion employees experiencing both personal and professional growth. The PA Operations Specialist role can provide you with opportunities to:
- Collaborate with HQ and dispensary employees in a fun, educational and profitable environment
- Develop a portfolio of high quality vendors and community partners to strengthen the Sunnyside brand and increase market share.
- Strengthen the consumer experience through engagement in the community with an emphasis on normalizing and professionalizing cannabis in the communities we serve.
WHAT WE NEED IN YOU!
- Be a visible ambassador of the company’s core values and mission to normalize, professionalize and revolutionize cannabis
- You should be energetic, possess strong interpersonal skills and work well with others! Collaboration is key to our team’s success!
- You enjoy people but have a passion for organization, scheduling, and efficient operations.
- You hold yourself to a high level of integrity! In an industry that is highly regulated we trust in our employee’s commitment to always do the right thing!
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage and process monthly store supply orders to include uniforms
- Create and manage schedules for all Pharmacists 1 month in advance, ensuring adequate coverage to certify Medical Patients
- Support Badging and Affiliation processes, as needed
- Works with Compliance to update SOPs and state specific procedures when new policies are established and/or reviewed.
- Collaborate with key business partners to manage all vendor and outreach events inclusive of securing approvals, communication and execution to defined standards.
- Ensure accurate use of company systems, timely data entry and accurate dispensation of all products in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
- Provide administrative support to Regional and Dispensary Leadership, as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 25%.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service
- Retail background preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing costs and expense control
- Excellent excel and self-motivation skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner.
- Proficient in MS Office suite including experience in data entry/management.
- Ability to develop strong cross functional relationships resulting in excellent experiences for employees, consumers, governmental agencies, community members and the public
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.