VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
Aligning closely with the Cloud Business Group and Functional Marketing teams you will be responsible for creating and accelerating pipeline for VMware’s Cloud business Globally.
Global Marketing focuses on operationalizing global campaigns and strategies in collaboration with the business group, geo field and marketing functions, providing guidance for localized planning and execution.
Globally you will orchestrate persona / audience-based campaigns across organic and paid social, events (online and offline), email nurture, media and content syndication – at each stage of the funnel across our multi-Cloud product suite.
Working closely with the business group, functions and geos you will:
- Develop marketing strategy & global programs in close collaboration with the business groups, functions and geos.
- Map activities to the customer lifecycle, spending the budget compliantly and being accountable for on target spend, tracking and measuring return on investment according to budget, rules and guidelines.
- Orchestrate meetings across teams including sales to gather insights and feedback to support development of our evolving Global Campaign Strategy.
- Leverage and drive adoption of our global marketing tools to ensure we drive scale and speed to market.
- Package global strategic and velocity GTM plays for the field marketing teams.
- Closely track priority critical metrics for the geos looking for opportunities to course correct where appropriate.
- Review KPI performance and pipeline contribution so we can demonstrate marketing impact and align marketing activities to pipeline gaps and opportunities.
- Analyze and provide data-driven insights that will improve pipeline and the customer experience.
- Regional Activation of Webcasts and Global events such VMworld to fuel sales, technical and executive engagement.
You should be a creative, customer focused, self-starter with strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills who values cross-functional team collaboration in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
Reporting to the Marketing Director Global Cloud Strategy and Programs, you will work closely with your colleagues across Global Teams. The team culture is high performing, fast paced and collaborative, with a vision to be the voice of the customer and partner, focused on growth fuelled by data driven insight.
Where is this role located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible. Work will be done from an office some days during a week and other days from a non-VMware building.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, of our benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Core skills and Experience (Competencies)
- Proven understanding of the IT landscape
- Ability to understand, analyze and share customer insights to influence program design
- Has developed and implemented marketing strategies and produced the associated marketing programs, collateral, or products, with proven results
- Effective in fast paced dynamic environment
- Experienced in a multi-national & multi-cultural work environment
- Results oriented and focused on execution
- Team player with a customer first attitude
- Budget management & ROI reporting and campaign optimization
- Stakeholder management – ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Excellent communication/presentation skill
- Experienced with working in a global marketing team with partners
Education / Qualification
- Education: Professional marketing qualification
- Degree/ MBA
- 8+ years’ experience in senior marketing position in IT / software vendor
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.