Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial attorney to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more. This Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS’s sales and marketing teams across the Americas, negotiating, drafting and advising on strategic enterprise agreements and technology licensing agreements, and assisting with global initiatives. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value strategic agreements. The role includes participating in other AWS legal projects, including support for regulated industry verticals, managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
- JD and admitted to at least 1 state bar
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong transactional background, with familiarity with IT/technology transactions a plus
- Business fluent Spanish language skills (speaking and writing, including negotiating and agreement drafting)
- In house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group
- Strong background in IT outsourcing and technology licensing, including in regulated industries (e.g., financial services, healthcare)
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure, telecommunications, or cloud computing services
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.