More than just a typical gym, Equinox is a high-end luxury fitness club that has redefined what it means to live a high-performance, well-rounded lifestyle.
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world’s most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life – and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
SoulCycle is seeking a Studio Manager who will contribute to the company growth by expertly and efficiently managing their studio and leading their studio team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the SoulCycle culture and brand. This person will be interpersonally savvy with a strong business acumen and have the ability to creatively problem solve and learn on the fly. This person embodies integrity, confidence, is a role model, is bold, is strategic, and is responsible for and the ultimate owner of the success and health of your business.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster the SoulCycle Community and Culture in your studio
- Set the weather in your studio so your team loves to come to work
- Be a hospitality champion that provides exceptional hospitality to riders and staff, and inspires their team to uphold high hospitality standards and our core values
- Build and foster relationships in your studio, with your instructors and local community
- Acknowledge your teams wins and show gratitude
- Develop holistic business plans that encompass ridership and retail goals
- Analyze and manage studio profit and loss statements
- Identify and execute opportunities with corporate partnerships and community impact
- Ensure that all company-wide initiatives are executed in your studio
- Develop and execute new rider acquisition and retention plans alongside marketing partner
BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAMS
- Proactively address your studio’s hiring needs by identifying your team’s strengths and areas of opportunity
- Provide in the moment feedback and coaching to your team when necessary
- Oversee the onboarding, training and development of all new ASMs and part-time hires
- Continuously identify and develop high potential employees
- Coach your team on time management and prioritization of tasks/initiatives to ensure all deadlines are met
LEARNING ON THE FLY
- Be an expert on studio specific and company-wide operational procedures and policies
- Seamlessly transition yourself, team, and studio to new ways of working and processes
- Be open to, embrace and manage change within your studio and your team
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
- Confidently manage conflict in high pressure situations
- Demonstrate a solution oriented mindset and ability to execute within company standards in any situation
- Proactively identify and address difficult situations
- Must have superior customer service and hospitality skills
- Must be highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Strong ability to communicate clearly with team members, clients, and senior management
- Must be able to work flexible/non-traditional hours including weekends and some holidays
- Personal passion for fitness and/or the SoulCycle brand is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.