Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration software. With products like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket, Atlassian helps all sorts of teams to plan, code, and track projects with ease.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Community Marketing Manager who will drive building and scaling the roadmap for Atlassian’s on- and offline communities in Japan and contribute to projects that help grow and scale the program. This position will work closely with the global team of Community Managers and will report directly to the Japan Senior Marketing Manager.
As the Japan Community Manager Manager, you’ll work primarily with Atlassian Community Leaders, who are the top contributors in our community, as well as the platforms that support their engagement and contributions. You’ll also work to engage with external communities to evangelise and advocate for both Atlassian and the customer base.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Attract customers and prospects to the online community through traditional and grassroots efforts.
- Build retention and engagement of community members through building out thoughtful programs and communications.
- Vet and onboard new Community Leaders, including technical reviews
- Support the planning and execution of Community Events
- Troubleshoot issues via support tickets from our Community Leaders
- Collect and analyse program data and member feedback.
- Provide admin and back-end support on the various system that we use.
- Collaborate with product and operations teams to find solutions and advocate for customer needs
- Experience innovative new frameworks, processes, and strategies for continual improvement in the quality and meaningfulness of the Atlassian Community program.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a big-picture thinker and also able to dive deep into the details that help our Community Leaders feel seen and heard. You’re extremely empathetic; you care about what customers need and want to help them achieve their goals. Also:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required
- Native level Japanese, Proficiency in English is a requirement.
- You’re energised by building strong relationships with a diverse group of people
- You appreciate thinking outside the box, operate with a sense of urgency, and have a knack for finding unique solutions to problems
- You’re a strong communicator and have excellent writing skills
- You’re comfortable working autonomously, but also thrive in a team setting
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and across different teams
It’s great, but not essential, if you have:
- Customer loyalty experience in online and/or offline communities
- Experience either in a marketing role, or a customer-facing position.
More about our team
We exist to make better changes for the Japanese market. Reaching our 9th year of doing business in Japan with a relatively small team, we are still evolving, so there still may be things or cases that doesn’t exactly match your expectation. But at the same time, it means you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and upbeat team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions with support from over 6,000+ employees globally.
We promise you’ll never be bored!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .